Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The Maiyet sample sale opens today in Soho, and if last night's preview was any indication, this one's going to be popular. There was already a hefty line of eager brand fans when we arrived a few minutes before it opened, but being that this is Maiyet's first sample sale, we wouldn't have anticipated anything less.
There's a whole lot to shop here from past collections — embroidered gowns and jumpsuits, crochet skirts, bags, shoes, and both costume and fine jewelry are all available — so we streamlined what we found down to the ten best pieces you should be grabbing:
1. Mixed Knit Fringe Poncho ($400): This single piece sums up what Maiyet is all about: great knitwear. If this is what you have your eye on, go now. Like, right this second.
2. Sia Shopper ($350): Currently retailing for $950, this bag was a big draw at the sale (and for that big a discount, we can see why). We saw a bunch in navy and brick, shown below.
3. Flower Appliqué Leather Loafers ($200): To put it plainly, these shoes are special. The floral details make them truly one-of-a-kind, yet classic enough to wear forever.
4. Desert Sandals ($100): These are available in bright blue, white, black, and a deep orange for about $500 less than what they cost last year.
5. Jill Embroidered Mule ($200): Beading, embroidery, mule, heel — need we say more?
6. Black and White Crochet Pencil Skirt ($200): This spring 2015 piece is like a classic black pencil skirt on steroids.
7. Empire Double Wrap Necklace ($200): Maiyet's costume jewelry is so good, so we were happy to see so much of it here. This necklace, though — it's everything.
8. Black Leather Leggings ($400): Will we ever get sick of good leather leggings? Doubtful.
9. Deep V Embroidered Jumpsuit ($250): If you're in need of a killer black jumpsuit with a twist, this is what you should be reaching for. There's more than a few of it available in multiple sizes, so the odds of nabbing it are in your favor.
10. D.L. & Co Large Skull Candle ($25): The candle company is also featured at this sale, and its most recognizable style is available in a bunch of bright colors at a third of its original price — so why the heck not?
We asked sales associates whether there would be any restocking before this event wraps up on Sunday, and the gist that we got was "a bit, but not that much" — and anyway, it seems like all of the best stuff is already on the racks.
Check out the Dealfeed below to see when you can stop by.