Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Racked New York Wedding Show Ticket Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open only to legal residents of the New York tri-state area who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age who have internet access, and a valid email address. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor, other companies associated with the Giveaway, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE NEW YORK TRI STATE AREA AND IN ANY LOCATION WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Sponsor: The Giveaway is sponsored by Vox Media, Inc., 1201 Connecticut Avenue, 11th Floor, NW, Washington, DC 20036 ("Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Giveaway, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Giveaway begins at 12:00:01 PM ET on March 7, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on March 12, 2016, (the "Entry Period"). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway. Entries submitted before or after the applicable Entry Period will not be eligible.
How to Enter: During the Entry Period, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of "Racked New York Weddings Show Ticket Giveaway" and your name, birthday and home address the ("Entry"). There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address during the Entry Period. Entrants having multiple email accounts will be disqualified and additional Entries will not be acknowledged. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. You must be a registered member of Facebook to participate. Registration is free. If you access the internet on your mobile device to participate in this Giveaway, your wireless service provider may charge you for applicable data charges. You should consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply.
If an Entry cannot be opened, viewed and/or accessed by Sponsor for any reason whatsoever, that comment shall be disqualified without any fault or liability of the Released Parties, as defined below.
Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and cannot be modified by entrant. By submitting an Entry, entrant gives permission to Sponsor and its designees and hereby grants Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein "License") to use entrant's comment on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use entrant's comment, and make derivative works therefrom, without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Giveaway and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Giveaway, Sponsor's products and services, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Such License will be confirmed by potential winner upon Sponsor's request and potential winner agrees to timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor in its sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. Sponsor's failure to receive all documentation from all individuals within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of the entry and the selection of another entry as a potential winner.
6. Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. For the avoidance of doubt, the content of a person's comment will not be taken into account in the winner selection process (provided that the comment is determined by Sponsor to be incompliance with these Official Rules).
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winners will be contacted from the email@example.com email account to the email account used to enter the Giveaway. Potential winner must allow for Sponsor contact him/her via email. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours after notification or return of verification notice as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential winner may be required to sign and return within three (3) business days, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law ("Winner Documents"). If the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor within specified time period (if applicable), potential winners may be disqualified. If potential winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted for each prize. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account used to participate in the Giveaway. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
8. Prize(s): (1) Entry for winner and one (1) guest to the New York Wedding Show from 5:00pm-8:00pm on March 31, 2015 at Capitale, 130 Bowery St, New York, NY 10013. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prize is $60.
Winners are responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Transportation to and from the event is not included in the prize package. You must be 21 years of age to attend the event and a valid ID will be checked at entrance to the event. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner will pick up the tickets at will call at the Venue.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; (b) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment, (c) terminate the Giveaway without awarding any prize. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Giveaway is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Washington, DC. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Washington, DC, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Washington, DC or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington, DC.
13. Third Party Platforms: By participating in this Giveaway, entrants hereby release and agree to hold harmless any third party and its affiliates from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize-related activities. Unless otherwise stated to the contrary in these Official Rules, this Giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third party partner
14. Results: To request a winner's list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 1201 Connecticut Ave., 11th Floor, Washington DC 20036, Attn: Racked New York Wedding Show Ticket GIveaway. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.