Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The American Musuem of Natural History's gift shop just got a whole lot cuter, thanks to Etsy. Yes, the online marketplace has teamed up with the Upper West Side institution on a capsule collection of accessories, home goods, and stationery inspired by the museum's exhibits.
Offerings range from leather pouches painted to look like eggs from AMNH's ornithology collection to animal-shaped kids' toggle coats and bird-of-paradise-themed bath salts. Check out a few of the 146 items up for grabs, and bask in their twee-ness, below.
- Ocean life earring set with holder, $150
- Marbled hanging planter, $68
- Kids luxe lion coat, $170
- Porcelain iceburg necklace, $98
- Space alphabet poster, $40
- Mullein & Sparrow bath salts, $28
- Geometric bronze collar, $180
- Speckled leather pouches, $48
- Wood grain faceted coffee mugs, $35
- 3-D AMNH birthday card, $10
- Lime dinosaur soap set, $6