Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Gat Rimon sweater, $128.50 (was $285)
- Mara Hoffman gown, $488 (was $1,222)
- LF Markey dress, $78.75 (was $240)
- Won Hundred boot, $142 (was $350)
- Charlotte Stone sandal, $98 (was $158)
- Swedish Hasbeens sandal, $124
- Swedish Hasbeens boot, $50 (were $288)
- Rodebjer pant, $95 (were $280)
- Closed leather jacket, $277 (was $792)
- Closed blazer, $172 (was $492)
- Mara Hoffman dress, $128.50 (was $356)
- Creatures of Comfort top, $170 (was $425)
- Creatures of Comfort vest, $140 (was $350)
- LF Markey top, $78 (was $195)
- Reality Studio pant, $146 (was $365)
- Henrik Vibskov dress, $146.50 (was $245)
- Alternative Apparel shirt dress, $52 (was $130)
- Rick Owens dress, $134.25 (was $450)
- Rick Owens dress, $132.50 (was $435)
- Rick Owens muscle tee, $118.50 (was $395)
- Dusen Dusen sweater, $162.50 (was $270)
- Loup top, $67.50 (was $135)
- Loup dress, $77.50 (was $154)
- Wool hat, $155
- Panama hat, $37 (was $75)
- Kowtow pillow, $35 (was $105)
- Creatures of Comfort top, $362.75
- Objects Without Meaning jumpsuit, $360 (was $450)
- Closed coat, $319 (was $532)
- The Sway leather jacket, $270 (was $675)
- Dusen Dusen shorts, $20 (were $140)
- Szeki skort, $40 (was $135)
- Aandd satchel, $194 (was $388)
Fair warning: Entering Personnel of New York's sample sale, which takes place in the store's basement, requires shoppers to brave some very steep stairs. It takes a little athleticism and a lot of courage, but we promise it's worth the trek. The multi-brand sale, open to the public starting today, touts big names like Mara Hoffman, Rick Owens, and Creatures of Comfort, as well as smaller indie labels like Kowtow, Closed, and Dusen Dusen, all between 50% and 70% off retail prices.
Once you've made it downstairs, you'll find that newer fall items are located in the center racks, and older, spring-ier pieces on the sides. Though the bulk of the sale is women's clothing, a rack of menswear hangs on the immediate right. The tight space doesn't allow for a fitting room, but there are a few mirrors to try things on over your clothes.
Notable among the racks are gorgeous Mara Hoffman dresses in summery prints at more than half off, as well as a few picks from Rick Owens's Drkshdw? collection for around $130. There'll also be even more stock available today—the store is expecting boxes full of surprise samples from Ace & Jig and Samantha Pleet. To get a fuller sense of the clothing and prices, scroll through the gallery above.
Shoes make up the back of the sale, with pairs from Swedish Hasbeens, Maryam Nassir Zadeh, Won Hundred, and Charlotte Stone at around $100 each. Jewelry, located in the front, is spare, but handily organized by price, with all rings for $20, bracelets for $30, necklaces for $35, and earrings for $25. There are also hats for any season, from winter wool to summer straw, as well as leather handbags and satchels by Aanndd sprinkled throughout the room.
Besides today's delivery, everything in the sale is already out on the floor (meaning that there's no restocking, and no extra sizes available) and there's no word of markdowns just yet, so your best bet is to head over as early as possible—just watch your step on those stairs!