Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Suno piped pencil skirt, $148.50 (was $495)
- Jonathan Simkhai double layer blouse, $118.50 (was $395)
- Ohne Titel striped crop top, $75 (was $250)
- Sea oversized pullover, $177 (was $590)
- Jonathan Simkhai cropped rib turtleneck, $178.50 (was $595)
- Nomia sleeveless shirt, $72 (was $240)
- Band of Outsiders braid trim sweatpant, $103.50 (was $345)
- Suno crinkly raglan with foil, $298.50 (was $995)
- Sally Lapointe cropped bomber jacket, $666 (was $2,220)
- Iro Caylon jacket, $247.50 (was $825)
- Isabel Marant Bacuri leather jacket, $369 (was $1,230)
- David Koma halther neck dress, $718.50 (was $2,395)
- Cushnie et Ochs black viscose dress with side cut-outs and pearls, $478.50 (was $1,595)
- The women's selection
- The accessories selection
- Handbags; 40% off
- Isabel Marant and Acne shoes, 70% off
- Acne Costa Shine sweater, $129 (was $430)
- 3.1 Phillip Lim horse print pullover, $88.50 (was $295)
- T Alexander Wang combo duffle coat, $255 (was $850)
- Tim Coppens Loden Outwear shirt, $298.20 (was $994)
- Men's denim from Acne and Blk Dnm, $64.50—$84 (was $215—$280)
The doors open at 10am today for the Owen boutique's end-of-season warehouse sale, and we stopped by 809 Washington Street last night to take a sneak peek at the selection. Towards the back of the paper bag-festooned store are about four sale racks for men by the dressing room, while women have about seven racks split between here and the back room.
The pricing here is simple: Everything that has a red sticker is on sale for 70% off the original price (with the exception of the small handbag selection, which is 40% off). And while everything on sale is from designers' fall/winter collection, the pieces vary so widely in color and fabric weight that shoppers will find something to wear in any climate.
Women looking to spend less than $100 on a given item should check out the denim rack first, where one style Mother jeans is $63 (from $210) while an Acne pair is $90 (down from $300). Other items that fall into this category include a Rag + Bone racer sweatshirt for $97.50 (from $325) and an Ohne Titel long-sleeved crop top for $75 (from $250).
Just above that price line are a Jonathan Simkhai bustier and Band of Outsiders sweatpants with braiding detail, each going for $103.50 (from $345)
There's plenty of items here that work for a night out, like Cushnie et Och's black dress with side cutouts and pearl detail for $478.50 (from $1,595) and a Jonathan Simkhai cutout jumpsuit for $178.50 (from $595). Cozy sweaters, like a Sea plaid pullover for $177 (from $590) and a black Suno number with foiling detail for $298.50 (from $995), are also plentiful.
Some of the most beautiful items here are on the rack dedicated to outerwear—while they might not make the cut for polar vortex survival, plenty of the jackets here are chic statement pieces that don't speak to a specific season (and thus can be worn for years). To get an idea of what you'll find here (and throughout the rest of the sale), check out the gallery above.
The men's section was more geared toward seasonal pieces, stocked with denim from Blk Dnm and Acne topping out around $84 (from $280), lounge pants, heavy sweaters, and outerwear. Ami's plaid button-up with contrasting sleeves is $106.50 (from $355) and a T Alexander Wang windbreaker is $255 (from $850).
Don't see your size on the rack? Ask about it—boutique owner Phillip Salem assured us that nearly every style that's currently out on the floor has more sizes available. And as customers shop throughout the weekend, expect new merchandise to replenish it. For more details about sale hours and location, see the Dealfeed below.
· Dealfeed: Owen Warehouse Sale [Racked NY]
· The Owen Warehouse Sale Returns to Meatpacking on Friday [Racked NY]
· Sample Sales [Racked NY]