Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Nike Free sneakers, $46.95
- Nike Free sneakers, $49.95
- Puma Mihara MY-66 Wedge sneakers, $59.95
- Reidell figure skates, $79.96
- Adidas Stan Smith shoes, $51.99
- Timbuck2 Anza mini backpack, $33.99
- Nike printed Miler shirt, $22.50
- Polo Ralph Lauren Racer Zip Polo, $43.96
- Gore Mythos SO jacket, $99.99
- New York Knicks hat, $9.99
- Luxe by Lisa Vogel drape front swimsuit, $19.96
- Nanette Lepore Seductress swimsuit, $19.96
- Nanette Lepore macrame dress, $29.96
- Arbow Snow Venice Beach pant, $19.96
- Arbor Snow Oceanfront romper, $19.96
- Burton Eden Down Jacket, $149.96
- Burton L.A.M.B. Insulator Jacket, $159.96
- Patagonia women's down jacket, $109.50
- Dale Norway Rodkleiva sweater, $98.96
This morning at 8:30am—half an hour earlier than expected—the annual Paragon Sports warehouse sale opened to a line of about 100 eager shoppers at 18 East 18th Street, and the deals did not disappoint: Almost everything was at least half off, with some items going for up to 80% off their original prices.
Sneakers were the biggest draw in the room. We found jazzy Nike Frees for $49.95 (down from $99.95
), Mephisto Brenias for $149 (from $298), Puma Mihara MY-66 Wedge sneakers for $59.95 (from $119.95), and a pair of white and green mens' Adidas that just happen to recall the Alexander Wang SS15 collection for $51.99 (from $64.95).
The winter coat selection is less than robust—there's a few quality options, like the Burton Eden Down jacket for $149.96 (was $299.95), a L.A.M.B. jacket for $159.96 (was $319.95) and plenty of classic Patagonia down jackets for $109.50 (was $219). Most of the coat selection, however, is made up of windbreakers by Marmot, Columbia, and North Face, most of which were well under $100.
The best prices and selection came in the swimwear section, most of which is around 70%—80% off. Tops and bottoms, including those for men, are $9.96, while one-pieces—some by Nanette Lepore, Anne Cole, Ralph Lauren and Luxe by Lisa Vogel—are just $19.96.
Running gear that comes mostly from Nike, Saucony, Adidas, and Under Armour, and is generally 50% off, with mens' printed Nike running shirts for $22.50, Saucony running shorts for $18 and Under Armour Studio Lux Tight Capris for $31.99.
As for the rest, there's cute golf and tennis apparel from Polo Ralph Lauren, all about 50% off, with skorts and polos for around $40, snapbacks for $9.96 and professional sports jerseys for $99.99.
Should you arrive only for the actual sports gear, you'll find that most of it is at least half off, including beginners' Reidell figure skates from $50 to $80, Ride snowboards for $244.97 and Timbuk2 backpacks for $33.99.
The sale, which will run for the next two weeks, is predictably crowded, yet well-staffed and extremely well-stocked. They'll be restocking merchandise over the course of the sale as well, but be sure to arrive sooner rather than later, as unlike last year, there will be no further markdowns whatsoever.
· Dealfeed: Paragon Sports Warehouse Sale [Racked NY]
· September Sample Sales: From McQueen to Paragon Sports [Racked NY]
· All Sample Sale Coverage [Racked NY]