Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Pixie Market pearl cocooon coat, $136
- H&M wool-blend 'Pilot' jacket, $129
- Etoile Isabel Marant 'Gabrie' coat, $530 at Otte
- Diane von Furstenberg 'Daphnis' printed cocoon coat,
- Topshop slouchy wool boyfriend coat, $178
- Apiece Apart 'Vita' oversized coat, $595 at La Garconne
- Mango cocoon wool-blend coat, $149.99
- Rachel Comey 'Karloff' coat, $725
- Zara oversized three-quarter-length coat, $169
- 3.1 Phillip Lim oversized grid long bomber jacket, $995
If you really aren't feeling your outfit you have two options. The first, assuming you aren't late for work, is to change. And the second, easier route is to throw a bigass coat over the whole mess and walk out the door. The cocoon coat—the cuddliest of outwear—is your best ally on laundry day (or "I hate all of my clothes" day), which is why we rounded up a few of our favorite oversize styles. Check out our picks from Rachel Comey, Topshop, DVF, and more—all shoppable in New York City now—in the gallery.
· All Editor's Picks [Racked NY]