- Penelope Chilvers metallic Chelsea boots, $318.50 at American Two Shot
- Topshop 'Absolutely' Chelsea boots, $125
- Frye 'Jillian' Chelsea boots, $238
- Marni cap-toe ankle boots,
- New Kid 'Penny' boots, $226 at Shoe Market
- Church's 'Ketsby' wingtip Chelsea boots, $610 at Barneys
- Pixie Market leopard pony hair boots, $149
- Charlotte Olympia Chelsea cat boots, $995
- Madewell Chelsea boots, $208
- Rachel Comey 'Thora' boots, $472
- Sandro 'Alix' boots, $695
- Alexander Wang 'Anouck' boots, $357
Last winter, when labels like Tom Ford, Miu Miu, and Christopher Kane were thinking about this fall, they sent models in A-line mini-dresses—some done up in kaleidoscopic prints, others sliced with PVC panels or layered with turtlenecks—stomping down the runways in Chelsea boots. And now that those designs (and their imitations) have trickled into stores, you have a choice: go full-on Mary Quant (usually a good move), or borrow the look's easiest element—the shoes—and wear them everywhere (always a good move).
We've rounded up 12 takes on Chelsea boots (a.k.a. Beatle boots), including styles made for channeling Paul McCartney (black leather, slightly distressed) or Mick Jagger (pointy, patent). See our picks—all shoppable in NYC!—in the gallery.
· All Editor's Picks [Racked NY]