Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- 7:30am Wake up time. First day of Capsule. I must admit. I did tap to snooze.
- 7:45am Ok. I'm getting up. I promise. Loving my bed this cool fall morning.
- 8:00am The coffee set up at home. Most important drink of the day.
- 8:05am My husband tried to write a note to me with limited barista skills. Apparently it says 'happiness' in Chinese. He doesn't speak Chinese either.
- 8:45am Morning walk for Moshi Moshi.
- 9:00am And I'm off! Hopping on my bike and heading over to Capsule. Love that it's 10 minutes away from my house.
- 9:15am Here we are! Stepping inside. It's so busy already. How exciting!
- 9:30am Just adding the final touch to my collection which I finished late last night. The "Totem Hair Band" is full of gold and pearls.
- 10:00am Meghan, from Mega Mega Projects, needed to try the hair band on right away. C'mon brides. Isn't this the crowing part of your look?
- 11:00am My newest ring, The "Giza", on display at my Capsule booth. Rainbow moonstones are making me swoon this season.
- 11:30am Running out for a necessary dose of green at The Butcher's Daughter. The Solar Power Smoothie. Yum!
- 1:00pm Everything looking good at the show. Beautiful new Golden Horn Cuffs, Etoile Ear Climbers and Right Hand necklaces.
- 2:00pm Now lunch at my favorite place, City Bakery. So many delicious choices.
- 2:45pm And yes...Time for Moshi Moshi's afternoon walk before making my way back to Capsule.
- 3:40pm I can't help myself. I have to try on hats by Yestadt Millenary. I adore this summer beach hat.
- 4:30pm More hats, peacocks and more gold at the Mega Mega Projects booth.
- 5:00pm The gang at Mega Mega Projects. Eve Levigne, Meadowlark Jewelry, Gillian Steinhardt, Yestadt Millenary.
- 5:30pm Chatting about jewelry and styling with a Teen Vogue Editor.
- 6:00pm Detail shots of some of the newest earrings for Gillian Steinhardt Spring/Summer '15.
- 6:30pm Leaving Early. Just in time to hop back on my bike and ride uptown to meet some friends. Dusk in New York.
- 7:00pm The end of a great day.
Capsule is a fashion and lifestyle trade event that showcases the best progressive brands and independent designers. Taking place twelve times a year in Paris, Vegas, Berlin and New York, it allows buyers to see a multitude of new collections all in one space.
For this weekend's run at Pier 36, jewelry designer Gillian Steinhardt documented her day at the tradeshow, from morning coffee to evening cocktails. Gillian, who's also a celebrity stylist, combines elements from ancient artifacts, 1970's glamour and art deco to create her accessories. Currently, you can find her pieces at Steven Alan Tribeca, No. 6, Blue Tree and more.