Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Unearthen mini sphere ring, $242 at Condor
- Aesa 'Sadko' necklace, $395
- Topshop pearl claw bracelet, $14
- Vibe's keshi pearl ring, $4,890 at Love Adorned
- Pixie Market oversize pearl ring, $10
- Melissa Joy Manning pearl claw earrings, $940 at Fragments
- Delfina Delettrez eye and pearl ring, $540 at Opening Ceremony
- Steven Alan pearl hook earrings, $118
- Nektar de Stagni 'Bad' pearl ring, $495 at Assembly New York
- Elizabeth Knight frog pearl necklace, $210 at Catbird
- Gillian Steinhardt 'Totem' earrings, $250 at In Support Of
Blame it on Chanel's golf-ball-sized-pearl-topped chokers, but the sunken treasure has broken free of its tasteful-princess-length-strand confines. Designers are playing with color and form—from Delfina Delettrez's surreal eye rings to Nektar de Stagni's transformation of pearls into mini medieval weapons. Check out a few of our favorite edged-up designs—plus some fun faux options—in the gallery.
· All Editor's Picks [Racked NY]