Beauty Diary Paintbox
- I start the day off right with a training session with Allison Vernon Thompson of TribecaTrainer.com. She has been my trainer for 8+ years now, our workout sessions are my emotional and physica
- Some of my skincare staples are Tata Harper body oil (love that it has a pump for a quick, no-mess application) and Ren bath oil (for times when I actually have a moment to take to a bath, which is rare, this oil’s scent
- I arrive at Paintbox and film a segment with Susan Yara of Mixed Makeup, a new-ish YouTube channel with excellent beauty tutorials. I get our classic bright red Paint Ball manicure with <
- Mani cam!
- Stop by Olive's on my way home for my usual iced coffee (sidebar: how cute are the red and white straws?!) and roasted mushroom sandwich with herb ricotta (so delicious).
- Tuesday begins with a spray tan and brow tint and wax at the Benefit boutique in SoHo. I swear that a brow tint makes a world of difference in my everyday beauty routine. It just gives you that I-woke-up-like-this definition, and it makes
- I work from home the rest of the day, planning out the shoots for our fall lookbook. I’ve currently narrowed down all of the nail designs that I want to shoot from about 100 to 40, and I have to get to 25. Here are some of the polishes that I’m considerin
- I take a break from working to rope Elvis, our four-year-old French bulldog, into posing with my favorite makeup brush. Sephora makes the most durable, blendable brushes for makeup. Poor Elvis.
- I play with my son during the afternoon and take this quick snapshot on his toy truck –really sums up the juxtaposition of my life!
- As a beauty editor, my two favorite topics to write about are always nails (natch!) and fragrance. I’m definitely perfume-obsessed and pick my scent based on my mood each morning. In addition to Frederic Malle Carnal Flower, my other two
I start the day early by cabbing it to our shoot with Estée Lauder for their new Estée Edit blog. They provide a killer hair and makeup team (amazing!), and I got so many compliments on my pale peachy-pink lip color,
- Anytime I’m lucky enough (or have enough time!) to get a blowout, I always request beachy waves that are more like twists than Real-Housewives barrel curls. The hairstylist got it right at this shoot—I really LOVED my mussed-up, casual hair. The key to ge
- My good friend Alyssa Kolsky Hertzig is coming over to my apartment later in the day to shoot a post for her fun blog, The Sparkly Life, so I put on a little more makeup than usual for heading into Paintbox. I glam it up
- In order to have glittery, reflective nails for the shoot, I get Julie Ventura, one of our incredibly talented manicurists, to paint my nails in our Bling Ring look. She blends a custom gold for my nails to make them espe
- I use these essentials to touch up my makeup for the shoot, so that my skin looks fresh. The Top Shop Crayon is a great way to add radiance to the inner corners of your eyes to look more awake, and the Tarte concealer is
- My “mane” MVPs for third-day hair (I wash my hair twice a week—don’t judge!): A T3 curling iron to smooth out my texture, Bumble and bumble Spray De Mode Hairspray (buildable but lightweight), Oribe Dry Texturing
- Third-day hair, don't care.
- Some makeup musts: La Prairie Ultra Protection Stick SPF 40 (so easy to apply and never makes me break out), Almay lip gloss (for a sheer pop of color), and Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner (heavenly!).
- At Paintbox, I work on editing fall colors from Zoya, Deborah Lippmann, Essie, and Vinylux. So many amazing options to pick from!
- My top ready-for-the-weekend ritual: Lighting a candle while I work from home. My current pick is Dayna Decker in Zima, an oaky citrus scent. The candle has a wood wick, so it gives you that homey crackling sound as it burns.
- My husband, son, and I head out to the Hamptons for a weekend getaway, and I bring a couple new perfumes to test out. The Givenchy Eau Demoiselle is summery and really elegant–rich but floral at the same time.
- After a morning Flywheel class in East Hampton (Holly Rilinger motivates me on even my laziest days), we head out for a first-birthday party in Water Mill. I keep my hair and makeup casual with Smashbox Halo Perfe
- I snap some artsy pics of my glittery nails by the pool. It’s way harder than you think to take photographs of your hands!
We cap off the weekend with a family picnic on the beach. Beauty products I frequently steal from my son: Honest Detangling Spray (ideal for smoothing out post-pool knots), Aquaphor (a derm favorite for a reason), and