- Zero + Maria Cornejo track pants, $233
- Andrew Marc x Richard Chai perforated leather skirt, $251
- Scoop NYC leather jacket, $215
- Helmut Lang leather-detail tank, $179
- IRO leather-detail jacket, $311
- Preen sweatshirt vest, $251
- T by Alexander Wang neoprene dress, $167
- Rebecca Taylor peplum top, $137
- Sea New York T-shirt dress, $137
- Clover Canyon neoprene dress, $101
- O'2nd printed dress, $143
- MM6 Maison Martin Margiela denim shirtdress, $161
- Zac Zac Posen studded crossbody bag, $125
- Rag & Bone Harrow booties, $209
- Aperlai booties, $317
- Brian Atwood platform pumps, $107
- [Men's] Inhabit sweater, $107
- [Men's] SeaVees sneakers, $41
- [Men's] AMI Hawaiian print shorts, $113
- [Men's] Rag & Bone checkered shorts, $77
- [Men's] Gant chambray varsity jacket, $113
- [Men's] Paul Smith suit jacket, $215
- [Men's] Etro oxford shirt, $107
- Me Kim NY leather-brimmed hat, $47
Scoop's seasonal closet clean-up sale kicked off this morning at the mini-chain's locations in Soho and the Meatpacking District. We stopped by the Soho shop before it opened, and we found some seriously great deals. Everything on sale is marked down an additional 30% to 40%—so you'll be able to pick up pieces from brands like Zac Posen, IRO, and T by Alexander Wang for up to 80% off. Note that some prices are still pretty high (especially for leather goods), but the discounts themselves are amazing.
There's clothing for both men and women, but the women's selection is definitely a lot larger—and more diverse— than the mens', and includes a pretty equal mix of summer styles and fall picks. For tops, we found lots of tees and tanks, including Rebecca Taylor peplum tees for $137 and Helmut Lang leather-detailed tanks for $109. There are a ton of great pieces for transitioning into cool-weather dressing, including Equipment long-sleeved silk tops for $71 and Theory silk-and-chiffon long sleeved blouses for $107.
The selection of jackets is a bit smaller, but definitely worth checking out: we found Current/Elliot cropped leather moto jackets for $131, MSGM tweed styles for $293, and Muller embroidered track jackets for $311. You'll also find oversized Scoop tie-waist cardigans, which could totally double as light fall jackets, for $95.
As for bottoms, you'll find pants, shorts, and skirts, but the selection is relatively small. Some highlights: Rag & Bone leather-paneled pants for $155, T by Alexander Wang leather shorts for $215, and Frame Denim short-alls for $101. For skirts, we spotted a Diane Von Furstenburg printed body-con style for $132 and Andrew Marc x Richard Chai perforated leather minis for $251.
There are a ton of dresses, and we noticed a lot of variety in terms of pricing and styles. On the higher end, we found some amazing T by Alexander Wang leather zip-front shift dresses for $524 and Zac Posen trumpet hem midi dresses for $533. More affordable options include Sea t-shirt dresses for $137 and Clover Canyon neoprene styles for $101.
Accessories for women are mostly limited to shoes and bags, although you might be able to find a few belts and scarves on sale as well. We were excited to find Rag & Bone's popular Newbury and Harrow booties for $209 among the shoe selection, as well as Matt Bernson sandals for $53 and timeless Vero Cuoio leather moto boots for $102. Highlights in the bag section include Marc by Marc Jacobs quilted cross-body bags for $107 and Zac by Zac Posen embellished styles for $125.
The guy's section, while smaller, is full of great deals- and was, overall, cheaper than what we found in the women's section. There was a selection of tees and sweaters: look for Lot 78 leather-sleeved pullovers for $71, Michael Kors linen oxford shirts for $53, and Marc by Marc Jacobs graphic tees for $35.
Jackets for the guys are fairly limited, but we did find a great Gant chambray varsity jacket for $113 along with Paul Smith suit jackets for $215. Unfortunately, bottoms are limited to shorts for now: you'll find Marc by Marc Jacobs twill styles for $53 and AMI Hawaiian-print cargo shorts for $113, but no pants. The guy's section does, however, include a bunch of swimwear, including colorful Pantone Universe swim trunks for $59.
Men's shoe picks include John Varvatos chukka boots for $83 and SeaVees sneakers for $41. We found this section to be a bit confusing- the shoe boxes didn't align with the shoes on display, so it was difficult to find specific pairs.
There won't be any further markdowns, but new styles will be added daily. The sale is ongoing: there's no specific end date set as of yet. Head to the deal feed for time and location info. —Gillian Fuller
· Dealfeed: Scoop NYC Closet Clean-Up Sale [Racked NY]
· Prices Start at $19 at the Scoop Spring Closet Clean-Up Sale [Racked NY]
· Cynthia Rowley, Oak, Nanette Lepore: The August Sample Sales [Racked NY]