Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- 9:30am Starting the morning early, arriving at Capsule.
- 10:00am Our booth is unpacked and ready for the show.
- 10:30am First meeting of the day with Laura and Katie from Harvey Nichols UK.
- 10:45am The lovely Cassidy from Revolve Clothing checking out our new Fair Isle woven bags.
- 12:00pm Surveying the lunch scene on the deck with catering by the Brooklyn-based Sips & Bites.
- 12:30pm Taking a break and catching up with Sebastien from Centre Commercial.
- 1:30pm Always in good company at Capsule, talking with Nick Wooster about the new collection.
- 2:00pm Back to work, highlighting some of the finer details with our friends Robert and Katie from Gravity Pope.
- 3:30pm Re-adjusting the display. We're hooked on black, blue and green.
- 4:45pm Expandable zippers reveal our Fair Isle woven print for Spring/Summer 2015.
- 5:15pm An overhead shot of the first day at Capsule.
- 5:30pm Some serious business with Kalen Hollomon and his installation at Capsule.
- 6:00pm You can read all about it in Capsule's sundries and magazines section.
- 6:30pm The perfect case for one of our favorite reads, Cereal Magazine
- 7:00pm The Haerfest team finishes day one strong.
- 7:15pm Hold onto your hats! We are about to set sail for the Capsule boat party on Hornblower cruises.
- 8:30pm A conversation at sunset.
- 10:00pm Hanging with Tomoko, Dave, and Miss Liberty.
Capsule is a fashion and lifestyle trade event that showcases the best progressive brands and independent designers. Taking place twelve times a year in Paris, Vegas, Berlin and New York, it allows buyers to see a multitude of new collections all in one space.
For this week's event at Pier 36, the team at Haerfest (pronounced "Harvest") walked us through what a day at a trade show is like, from start to sunset cruise finish. Well known for its leather accessories, Haerfest has made a name for itself thanks to its sleek interpretation of the familiar (think ultra-thin wallets and backpacks trimmed in Fair Isle knits). Currently, you can find it at boutiques like UNIS, Goose Barnacle, Opening Ceremony, and more.
· Haerfest [Official Site]
· A Day With Designer Jené DeSpain at the Capsule Tradeshow [Racked NY]