Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Lulu Frost earrings, $104
- Lele Sadoughi necklace, $163
- Lulu Frost necklace, $253
- Assad Mounser necklace, $321
- Jemma Sands precious stone necklaces, $714
- Assad Mounser mixed metal statement necklace, $400
- Jemma Sands semiprecious stone bracelet, $166
- Lele Sadoughi bracelets, $125 (top) and $148 (bottom)
- Assad Mounser caged metal rings, $45 each
- Assad Mounser statement earrings, $75
- Lulu Frost multistrand necklace, $298
- Assad Mounser necklace, $175
- Lillian Crowe ribcage necklaces, $83
West Village boutique Sucre is hosting a summer sample sale, and we stopped by early this morning to get a first look. Not everything in the store is discounted—only select accessories and some clothing, with the jewelry being the real draw.
Designs by brands like Lulu Frost and Jemma Sands are up to 50 percent off wholesale (all items are priced individually). Necklaces make up the majority of the stock, with a handful of bracelets and earrings available as well.
For the most part, the jewelry is organized by designer. Over in the Lulu Frost section, we spotted oversized neon stud earrings for $104 and colorful statement necklaces for $253..
The Jemma Sands display is home to more delicate designs, most of which are made with semi-precious and precious stones. Highlights include an emerald drop pendant for $220, hand-carved bone necklaces for $355 and labradorite, onyx, and diamond chokers for $714.
If you're into colorful jewelry, check out the offerings from Lele Sadoughi.. There are metal hinged cuffs dotted with semiprecious stones for $125 and mod black-and-white gem-studded chokers for $163.
Assad Mounser's designs are the edgiest you'll find at the Sucre sale. The jeweler's table is covered with studded statement necklaces for $321, metal pyramid rings for $45, and spike-adorned drop earrings for $75. Lillian Crowe's ribcage pendants for $83 also give off tough-girl vibes.
As we mentioned, a small selection of clothing is available, including Raquel Allegra lightweight cotton tees for $146 and 194T terry sweatshirts for $156.
All of the jewelry will be restocked- the owner told us she has tons of extra merch. We're not sure about further markdowns yet, but if there are any, we'll keep you posted. Check out the dealfeed for hours.—Gillian Fuller
· Dealfeed: Sucre [Racked NY]
· 34 July Sample Sales: Rachel Comey, Helmut Lang, Otte, More! [Racked NY]