Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Navy Balochi Dress, $208
- Adina Mills Rings
- Vintage Shoes
- Vintage Blouse
- Clutches, $58 each
- Krysos + Chandi Eye Rings, $145 to $180
- Vintage Dress
- De La Mer 1981 Shorts, $78
- For Love & Lemons Bralette, $121; For Love & Lemons Underwear, $59
- Vintage Overalls
- Adina Mills Crystal Necklaces, $190
- Vintage Dress
- Krysos + Chandi Bracelets, $28 to $48
- Trysha Loafers, $120
- Filili by Luiny Crystal Ring, $140
- Amber Eyes Wall Hanging, $68; Hand-Dyed Pillow, $148
- Vintage Peasant Dress
- Estrella de Mar Weekender Bag, $250
- Izaskun Zabala Studs, $38 to $62
- Amber Eyes Incense Burner, $24
Off-duty art teacher style just feels so right in the summertime. Maybe it's because smock-like silhouettes are super appealing when the temperature creeps above 80, or it could have something to do with the fact that jagged crystal necklaces and woven bangles look best against bare skin. Whatever the case, buy-sell-trade go-to People of 2Morrow seems to share our love of dressing like we might own a loom.
Thrifters who are into the thrill of the dig probably won't have much fun at the Greenpoint shop. That's because everything in People of 2Morrow's secondhand section feels like a hard-won vintage score—from the gauzy peasant dresses to the lace-edged crop tops.
Married co-owners Sybil (a florist) and Dan (the man behind Afro-Brazilian nightclub Bembe) also stock the airy, industrial space with jewelry and pottery from Brooklyn designers with a global bent (think tasseled bracelets from Krysos + Chandi and rock crystal rings courtesy of Filili by Luiny).