Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Books are all 30% off.
- Men's goods
- Kids' goods
- Fashion Bites book $10.47
- All pillows are 30% off
- Stationary goods including Moleskin are 30-50% off
- Kate Spade stationary
- Alpaca shawls and cotton scarves
- Kate Spade glass picture frames
- Echo womenswear all at 50% off
- Image Republic artwork sold exclusively in the US at Story. On sale for $18 (were $75)
- Toys made from recycled flip flops- 50% off
- Beauty products including Kiehl's, Santa Maria Nobella, Diptyque, American mortals and Coola (sunscreens) are between 30-50% off
- Jack Gomme leather tote bags from Paris are $99
- Limited edition Coach baseball gloves are $150 (were $348)
- Limited edition Beats x Will.i.am headphones made of recycle wastes $150 (were $349)
- Recycled beer bottle tumblers $12
- These colorful mugs are $10
- All baking goods are 50% off. Peach cobler cookie mix and chocolate chip pancake mix are both $6.
- Kate Spade photo props are $9 and paper clips are $6.
- Crack a smile breakfast mold
- Phone stand $6
- Luxury candles that are also sold at Barney's
- One of their bestsellers- Mini emergency kits $10
- Love is Art -body painting kit $29.50
- Necklaces made in Haiti - $13.50
- Story branded makeup and travel bags $12-$15
- Cool sunglass notepads from Japan $2 (were $10)
- Humorous hand painted photo albums by Richard E Bishop $15
- Plastic pouches $25
- Tiny mr.T tee $14
- Isaac Krady Rocket space saver wooden stool $48
- MoMa tee for kids $12.50
- If you buy at least $50 at the sale, you will receive this token to get 10% off your purchase at Story during 'Cool' themed story.
- Men's grooming products
- Cards and wooden postcards are 40-50% off.
- Kids clothes are 50% off.
The retail concept store Story kicked off a sample sale today at 11am, inside their Chelsea headquarters at 511 W. 25th Street. Although the showroom is relatively small, it's packed with a ton of merchandise. Everything is priced as marked, and discounted between 30% to 80% off. If you spend at least $50 at the sale, grab a token that'll allow you to take 10% off any purchase at their retail store during the current theme, Cool.
The sale is organized by category and includes Diptyque beauty products, MoMa tees, Beats headphones, and Coach-branded baseball gloves.
When you enter, you'll find home goods—like candles, posters, pillows, picture frames, photo albums, serving trays and more—to your left and by the cashier. In the back, there's womenswear and accessories, including clothing, soft scarves, leather tote bags, and jewelry.
In the middle of the room there are more accessories and miscellaneous knick knacks (clocks, mugs, stationary, travel, makeup bags, etc.). There's also a table devoted to what you'll need for serving up nice cold drinks in the summer. The sale also features kid's clothes and quirky toys and games for toddlers.
Menswear is to the right, and there are also large bookshelves holding a great collection of reads that's all 30% off. By the right wall, you've got beauty products like Coola sunscreen, Rocco nail polish, men's grooming products, American Mortals shampoo, and more. Finally, there's a table with miscellaneous holiday gifts.
We were also told that Burberry watches will be on sale at up to 80% off retail. The watches hadn't arrived when we were there last night, so sadly there aren't any pictures.
Overall, this is a great sale if you're looking to buy unique gifts for upcoming birthdays, housewarming parties, or baby showers; heck, you can even get early Christmas gifts here too.
Browse through the photo gallery above for more specifics on pricing. The sale runs through Saturday with markdowns daily, and both cash and credit cards are accepted.—Hsini
Update: The sale has been extended through Friday, July 18th, from 11am to 5pm daily. Merchandise is now an extra 50% off.
· Dealfeed: Story [Racked NY]
· Prices at Story's First-Ever Sample Sale Start at Just Two Bucks [Racked NY]
· 26 July Sample Sales: Rachel Comey, Helmut Lang, Otte, More! [Racked NY]