Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Diary: Seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this is a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty.
- Doesn’t fail...everyday, even on Sundays, my 5:30am Wake Up Calls take over my bed! Love these little human alarm clocks, but really would have loved to sleep in just a little.
- Can you say coffee addict? This Portuguese girl cannot start her day without her Nescafe Espresso Latte. Yum!
- No makeup, don't care. Sunday morning walk with my sons in our backyard. My 3 year old took this picture with my iPhone. He wanted to capture Charles Island and Sands Beach in the background. Quite a good eye for a 3 year old!
- Working Mama outfits must be comfy and sexy. This adorable lace back sweater aka hi-lo sweater by Green Envelope Los Angeles does the trick.
- Feeling super rushed, as always, and distracted by the color of my breakfast (fresh Beets, strawberries, apple, and cabbage juice), my Lubriderm skincare, nail polish, and eyebrow tweezer. I swear I did not do this on purpose.
- Purchased a new makeup table and overwhelmed by its beauty! It's late and my husband thinks I need to go to bed already.
- At the Mehron Makeup Lab, creating new shades and formulas of lip colors with our chemist. Product development is such a passion, and feel so fortunate I get to be so hands on.
- Attended a fabulous Chief Executive Women Event tonight in the city that celebrated strong women in beauty. To celebrate strong women in beauty, I'm meeting up with two of my best friends from the FIT Masters Program at the Plaza Hotel’s Todd English.
- A goodie bag is a goodie bag but this one is special. Thank you CEW and MAC Cosmetics for providing such gorgeous new shades for my spring collection.
- Selfie with my little men "Leo the Lion" and "Jojo". Love them! Working from home today so I took my iPad to the park to work and play.
- Testing out the new shades of lipsticks and I'm obsessed with the ultra nude shade developed yesterday. It matches my ultimate fave lip line by Milani Cosmetics, in the shade “most natural”
- I have an obsession with the color teal and elephants. Tonight I'm enjoying my Origins Stress Diffusing Soy Wax candles, a gift from my girlfriend, Amy. It is definitely diffusing my mid-week stress. And the packaging is teal!
- It's wash-my-hair-and-make-it-look-pretty day with three key products: L'Oreal's sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, Oribe's Royal Blowout, and Aquage's styling products.
- Voilà! Gorgeous hair selfie! When you are blonde, you always need to give your hair love to keep it full, bouncy, and vibrant.
- Long day at the office. Pear martinis make everything better!
- For a mom, having to work on Friday night to attend an industry event can be painful, but I'm making the best of it! This evening calls for gorgeous smokey eyes using Mehrons Intense PRO Pigments in Hurricane blue.
- Epic evening at The Makeup Show with the beauty industry’s finest. Work Hard, play hard, and be happy.
- The end! This Mama is going home! Grand Central never gets old.
- Mama, marketing director, product developer, and café-owner on the weekends! Welcome to the Greek Spot Café & Grill in Milford, CT. Blessed to share this small business with my chef husband who makes the world’s best Greek food in Connecticut. Snea
- Got my yoga pants and Converse on and building the Mehron makeup booth for the Beauty Show. There is nothing I don't do, obviously!
- Home sweet home. Ending my evening with these beauties. I agreed to test out some eye treatments for a parenting magazine. I’m not much of a skincare person, but I'm pleasantly surprised on how lovely these are.
- Café selfie. The Greek Spot Café's new tees that I designed.
- Gorgeous day to sit around and do nothing at The Greek Spot. The calm before the storm.
- After a super fun-filled week my husband served me this elderflower pinot grigio. Just died and went to heaven!
- A Portuguese girl must always have her Portuguese goods in stock at all time. Went to the Portuguese market and stocked up on my Nescafé instant espresso coffee, fresh garlic, chorica, and alheira sausage.
Stephanie Ferreira Koutikas' busy lifestyle might make you think there are actually 36 hours in each of her days. She's the marketing director for the theater makeup brand Mehron (which was founded in 1927!), a mom to two boys (pictured above), a trained makeup artist, and co-owner of a Greek restaurant with her husband in Connecticut.
The Portuguese native somehow also finds the time to attend beauty trade shows and oversee Mehron's photo shoots (an idea of what that entails: they're well known for their body painting). In her Beauty Diary, Stephanie demonstrates how to perfect effortless bouncy curls, what skincare products are best for moms-on-the-go, and the coffee she drinks to keep going.