Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Cropped jacket (sample), $99
- Fuzzy jacket (sample), $99
- Sequined sheath, $199
- Peplum bustier dress (sample), $99
- Photo-print shift dress, $119
- Chain and sequin skirt (sample), $99
- Leather blazer, $279
- Floral flared jeans (sample), $49
- Chain-detailed tweed blazer (sample), $99
- Tiered dress (sample), $99
- Pleated bubble skirt (sample), $49
- Floral appliqué dress, $199
- Collared houndstooth tee, $119
- Beaded dress, $279
- Polka-dot jeans (sample), $49
- Sequined sheath (sample), $99
- Floral appliqué dress (sample), $119
We headed to 260 Fifth Avenue this morning to check in on the Alice + Olivia sample sale, which kicked off on Monday. Samples, which start at $29, have been restocked, and now make up nearly half the sale. The rest of the inventory doesn't look like it's been replenished much, and there's far less in the way of non-samples now (especially in smaller sizes). Also, there haven't been any further markdowns as of yet.
The sale is definitely still worth hitting up for the samples, although we did notice more damages today, like broken zippers, pulls, and tears.
Dresses, both samples and stock, are still the best bet at this sale. Some highlights that we didn't see last time: a leather-bodice bustier dresses for $269, ombré knife-pleat gowns for $279, and crotchet bell-sleeved frocks for $159. Sample dresses that we found include perforated leather A-line dresses for $99 and cowl-neck sleeveless sweater dresses for $59.
The sample area now includes a ton more jackets than it did on Monday. We spotted luxe leather coats, chain-detailed tweed blazers, and sequined smoking jackets for $99 each. There are a few jackets in the regular stock items, like pastel leather blazers for $279 and leopard print styles for $199, but nothing that we thought was really that special.
Most of the tops are casual, every-day pieces, like chiffon bow-neck blouses for $119 and lace tanks for $159. The same goes for the bottoms—we noticed lots of colored skinny jeans and everyday denim for $79, but you're definitely better off sifting through the sample area for better finds. We also found chain-detailed mini skirts for $99 , rhinestone cardigans for $99, and chiffon snake-print culottes for $59.
The $99 leather totes are still available, but we didn't see any other accessories. There is, however, some kids clothing now. The selection is small, but includes silky Ikat tees and houndstooth pleated dresses, both for $49.
The sale continues through Saturday, and markdowns are possible but not definite. There was no line when we were there this morning, so now would be a great time to head over and shop. For the full price list, see the gallery above.—Gillian Fuller
· At the Alice + Olivia Sample Sale, Prices Start at Just $29 [Racked NY]
· Dealfeed: Alice + Olivia [Racked NY]
· The June Sample Sale Calendar: 63 More and Counting! [Racked NY]