Welcome to Perfect Saturday, a weekly Racked feature in which we outline the best places to shop and spend the afternoon in a particular neighborhood, starting with brunch and ending—who knows!
- Photo by Driely S.
- ↑ Seersucker (329 Smith Street) takes Southern comfort food and sets it against an understated, urbane background. It’s a classic menu, elevated: you'll appreciate the chic atmosphere and little t
- ↑ Lara Fieldbinder’s shop Article& (198 Smith Street) has a thoughtful inventory that’s perfectly aligned with the shopping needs of the professional type who’s creative and likes to play around with
- ↑ At By Brooklyn (261 Smith Street), shop a crash course in local vendors. It’s Brooklyn for all the senses, with artisanal treats like whiskey sour pickles and Liddabit Sweets caramels, apothecary
- ↑ Menswear shop Epaulet (231 Smith Street) has become a mainstay for well-appointed style with an inventory that’s cool and beautifully crafted. The store dabbles in womenswear, and is a go-to whether
- ↑ When you invest in a piece of jewelry, you want it to be something special and unique, and something you won’t see everywhere. Swallow (361 Smith Street) is a master at this —designs here are so diffe
- ↑ Get the feeling of treasure-hunting at an estate sale without leaving the city at Fork + Pencil (221 Court Street). You could spend all day in this shop and keep finding more,
- ↑ Ready to breathe a sigh of relaxation and rejuvenation? Area Emporium & Spa (281 Smith Street) and Area Yoga (389 Court Street) are sister en
You've already brunched and shopped in Greenpoint and both ends of Williamsburg, so let's move on to the more grown-up part of the borough. Carroll Gardens and Cobble Hill, side-by-side neighborhoods in the quintessential Brownstone Brooklyn, are worth getting to know if you haven't already.
The area has a cozy, small-town vibe and streets lined with stores, plus a delectable food scene and the kinds of bars you can hold court in all day. In the grand scheme of Brooklyn, this nabe definitely deserves some Saturday love. See which spots to hit after the jump.
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked NY]