Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- AXS shirt, $200
- Ace & Jig jumpsuit, $270
- Reality Studio wedges, $420; Endeavor necklace, $135; Reality Studio sandals, $420
- Creatures of Comfort skirt, $465
- Rodebjer wrap dress, $335
- Cuisse De Grenouille tee, $95
- Aspesi shirt, $130
- Aspesi Tretoppe blazer, $595; Aspesi shirt, $185
- Black Crane jumpsuit, $185
- LF Markey dress, $385
- D.S. & Durga 50mL Cologne, $105; D.S. & Durga 30mL Cologne, $95
- La Paz jacket, $265
- Mara Hoffman maxi dress, $428
- Alice Park wallets, $125; AXS x Clae Mills sneakers, $160; Illesteva sunglasses, $177; Hope sunglasses, $286; Cuisse De Grenouille candle, $80
- YMC tee, $80
- Lauren Manoogian sweater, $405
- Reality Studio dress, $495
- Loup dress, $160
Every New York City boutique with a laid-back bent has a rack of striped Ace & Jig sundresses, or a mannequin dressed in Creatures of Comforts' pom-pom-topped dirndl skirt right now. But, unlike their contemporaries, Personnel skipped those dresses and went straight for the brand's slouchy jumpsuits. And that skirt? The West Village shop bought it in marigold—not black or white.
"We just try to find stuff that is unique and unique to this neighborhood. I like to think we buy in a special way," store co-owner Kristi Paras says. This season, that translates to prints—think paint-splattered men's button-downs, bamboo-patterned Reality Studio tunics, and tees stamped with jumbo polka dots and ocean waves.
We can't promise that any of these finds will make an appearance at the boutique's first-ever basement sale this week, but we'll keep our fingers crossed.