- Rosecut pavé diamond solitaire—large, $1,995
- Filigree cuff (center), $985
- Flat seed pavé diamond ring (center), $490
- Inspiration comes at random times for me. Sometimes ideas come in the middle of the night and then I can't sleep waiting to get back to the studio and try to make it happen.
- Dainty diamond bangle, $525
- Four-piece filigree necklace (bottom), $2,530; Trio flat seed necklace (second from top),
- Half round diamond band (center), $880
- We listen to music [at the studio] every day. Everyone at the studio takes turns choosing what we listen to. Lately, when it's my turn, I’ve been putting on The Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs.
- Small emerald dainty necklace (top right), $480
- Long curved bar studs (left), $227
- Drapey earrings (left), $910; Dangly filigree earrings, $2,0
- My most literal inspiration is taken from pieces of twigs, seeds, and flowers. But I'm also inspired by pieces of hardware, trinkets, and even furniture at times.
- Little prong solitaire pavé—emerald, $785
- Oval droplet earrings, $440
- Little studs, $285
- Filigree cocktail ring (center), $885
- Right now I'm loving working with wax and yellow gold. Carving wax is how I started back when I was at school and it feels nice to work with more organic shapes again.
- Monogrammed necklace, $620
- ID bracelet (far right), $498
Photos by Driely S. for Racked
The potted plants and fresh blooms that line the windowsills at Blanca Monrós Gómez's Gowanus studio aren't just decorations: they're reference points. "My most literal inspiration is taken from pieces of twigs, seeds and flowers," the Barcelona-born jeweler says. "But I'm also inspired by pieces of hardware, trinkets and even furniture at times."
That mix of the natural and the functional is probably what makes Gomez's designs so popular. Take a close look at any cool-girl ring stack and you'll most likely spot one of her hammered gold bands, while her delicate diamond bar pendants have become necklace-cluster staples.
"I love making pieces that have special meaning for our customers and to know that they will love wearing them for years to come," Gomez tells us. Check out some of her latest creations and get a glimpse into her workspace after the jump.