Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Samantha Pleet high-waisted shorts, $155 and crop top, $125; Jujumade pouch, $220
- Scho necklace, $300; Scho earrings, $163
- Brookes Boswell baseball cap, $76
- Leah Ball necklace, $250
- Gat Rimon leather tie dye shorts, $357, and leather tie dye tank top, $355
- Brookes Boswell Panama hat, $220; Jujumade bangles, $70 to $80
- Loeffler Randall evil eye minaudiere, $350
- Sunday Somewhere round sunglasses, $210 to $240
- Loeffler Randall espadrille sneakers, $195
- Mies Nobis cuff, $175; curved ring, $90; brass ring, $185; Faris banana earrings, $80; Ana Eugenia brass Pac Man earrings, $78
- Faris armor necklace, $315; earrings, $125; mini armor necklace, $135
- Blue denim shorteralls; Casper Pearl floral shorteralls, $129
- Wota neon tank, $98; Vintage skirt, $85
- Samantha Pleet romper, $285; Thomas Sires romper, $315
- Etienne Deroeux leotard, $250, and paneled dress, $525
- Bedford Street Laundry bomber jacket, $440; Bedford Street Laundry x The Rising States Monokini, $138
- Loeffler Randall espadrilles, $195
The Rising States' spring goods pull off a pretty amazing trick — they look perfectly at home in the shop's Lower East Side neighborhood (without being studded or shredded), and they're exactly what you'd want to pack on an upstate weekend getaway.
We blame it on store owner Meagan Delaney's fashion-PR-by-way-of-Alaska background. She has an eye for choosing polished pieces with a homemade edge—think weighty ceramic bangles, tie-dye leather shorts, and bathing suits that close with baseball-cap-style snaps, not ties.
Click through for ideas on what to wear on your next mini-vacation, or to those rooftop barbecues that'll be starting any day now—we hope.
· The Rising States [Official website]
· LES Boutique Takes Inspiration From Gangs of New York [Racked NY]
· All What's in Store Posts [Racked NY]