Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Perfect Saturday, a weekly Racked feature in which we outline the best places to shop and spend the afternoon in a particular neighborhood, starting with brunch and ending—who knows!
- Photo by Brian Harkin
- ↑ ABC Kitchen quickly became one of the city’s best-loved hotspots, so now it’s time to check out the Mexican menu at ABC Cocina (38 East 19th Street)—it's just as delicious, buzzy, and cool
- ↑ On your way out of ABC Cocina, how can you resist a stroll through ABC Home (888 Broadway)? The haven of furniture, décor, gifts, and jewelry is a bona fide institution. Filled with unique items from
- ↑ Take that inspiration over to Jung Lee (25 West 29th Street), the eponymous home design store from the revered event planner. While there are plenty of splurges here, you can also spend $100 or less an
- ↑ If you are hosting a dinner party, or perhaps just plan on whipping up a delicious meal some time soon, Whisk (933 Broadway) is a must. The shop stocks everything you could dream of needing fo
- ↑ Maison Kitsuné (1170 Broadway) is more than just a store, it’s a lifestyle. (That might sound cheesy if that lifestyle wasn’t the Parisian It Girl kind.) The cult favorite house label is complemented by
- ↑ A visit to the Ace Hotel for a drink is never a bad way to spend the afternoon, especially with a location of Opening Ceremony (1190-1192 Broadway) on site. The pint-sized space means
- ↑ When there’s a Kate Spade (135 Fifth Avenue) nearby, it can be hard to stay away. Pop in for your weekly dose of color and cheer, and find your new favorite pair of shoes/bag/dress/watch/wallet (you
- ↑ Once you’ve gotten your fill of updating your home and wardrobe, head to Uplift Studios (24 West 23rd Street) for an exhilarating workout. Unique in that it’s an all-women boutique fitness center, Up
The Flatiron District has a lot of amazing shopping that can get overshadowed by chain stores and tourists, but the area is worth taking a day to uncover its hidden gems. Incredible, A-list-approved food awaits you, not to mention the allure of a stroll through Madison Square Park.
Venture into the adjacent Nomad area, and you'll find some of the city's best interior design stores. Put the finishing touches on your spring cleaning by giving your apartment and your closet a fresh look at places like Jung Lee and Maison Kitsuné.
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked NY]