Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Every year, Racked dedicates a week in June to all things wedding-related. This year, in celebration of our fourth annual Weddings Week, we're going a little bit further. On June 7, 2014, in New York City, we'll be hosting a free wedding for one lucky couple. Yes, you read that right: We want to give you a wedding—gown, rings(!), tux, hair, make-up, cake, the works.
How to enter: Between now and Sunday, May 4, at 6pm, post a picture of yourself and your significant other to your Instagram with the story of how you met. Make sure to follow @racked, tag us in your post, and include the hashtag #rackedvows. Next week, we'll award our prize to the couple with the cutest, most creative picture and best story.
What exactly will you win? Here's the goods:
· An intimate ceremony and champagne toast for ten on the spectacular rooftop of the King & Grove Hotel in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
· A luxe room at King & Grove on June 6 and 7
· $2,000 towards a gown of your choosing from the Nordstrom Wedding Suite
· A tux rental of your choosing from The Black Tux
· Two wedding rings from cult-favorite Brooklyn jewelry store Catbird
· A cake (plus tasting!) from Magnolia Bakery
· A bouquet by Williamsburg's own Sprout Home
· Hair styling for the bride and two members of her party from Blo Blow Dry Bar
· Coverage of your wedding throughout Racked's Weddings Week
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest open only to individual legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Puerto Rico, territories and possessions) who have attained the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of entry into the Contest. This Contest begins at 10 AM ET on April 30, 2014 and ends at 6 PM ET on May 4, 2014. For Official Rules, see partners.racked.com/racked-vows.