Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Organic Avenue has been on an opening spree these past few months, and tomorrow, the company's newest store will open in Bryant Park on West 40th Street.
On top of a fridge stocked with cold pressed juice, the latest location will also introduce something special for the neighborhood: vegan grab-and-go lunches, including hot soups and wraps, salads, grain bowls, and even dessert (like this chocolate mousse made of avocado and cacao).
To accommodate large lunch crowds, the Bryant Park store came equipped with long communal tables. It also includes the company's signature plant wall—a vertical garden that doubles as an air purifyer and a cost-cutter on energy bills—and a vast infographic covering the walls of the restroom filled with "Feed Your Brain" nutrition stats.
Click through the gallery below to see a few of the items on the grab-and-go menu, and how much they'll cost you.
- The breakfast menu includes steel cut oatmeal, coconut yogurt, chia berry tapioca, and coconut yogurt parfait ($2.50 - $6)
- Hot soups, like the Three Bean Chilli, start at $5, and cold soups, like the Spicy Avocado Soup, are $9
- Salads include: the Big Clean Salad, the Big Greek Salad, the Big Kale Salad, a Kale Quinoa Salad, a Lentil Salad, a Roasted Squash and Beet Salad, and the Sunflower Falafel ($10 to $12)
- Wraps range from cold Marinated Artichoke Wraps and Mushroom Collard Wraps to hot wraps, like the BBQ Wrap and the Curried Vegetable Wrap ($6 to $8)
- Organic bowls include a Mexi Fresh Quinoa bowl, a Kimchi Wild Rice Bowl, and more ($8 to $9)
- The chocolate mousse, $6
- Wash it all down with organic coffee ($2) and five types of organic tea ($2.50)
· Organic Avenue Opens in Noho With Six More Stores on the Menu [Racked NY]
· Organic Avenue [Official Site]