Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The New York Magazine Weddings Event is coming up on March 27th at the Metropolitan Pavillion, and we have a pair of tickets to give away to one lucky reader.
As the mag puts it, "The New York Weddings Event does the legwork for you, bringing together more than 100 of the most creative, stylish, and tasteful weddings service providers for one incredible evening." Cakes, caterers, DJs, hotels, rings, photographers, and even fitness gurus are all on hand to guide you through the big day.
Tickets can be purchased for $40 (plus tax) for single admission, and $60 for double. But as we said above, we have two to dish out for free—plus giftbags!! See the contest rules, which will take place on Instagram, after the jump.
1. Post wedding inspiration to your own Instagram account. This can be anything, from dresses to flowers to table settings—if you can dream it, you can 'gram it. The contest is open to future brides and grooms alike, as well as wedding planners. Just make sure your account isn't private so that we can see the photo.
2. Follow the RackedNY Instagram account and tag us in your photo.
3. We'll select our personal favorites and regram them, starting now and running until midnight on Sunday, March 23rd.
4. Whichever photo has the most likes by Monday March 24th at 5pm wins the tickets. We'll post an announcement on Instagram immediately following, tagging the winner. It will then be your responsibility to direct message us your email address within 48 hours (using Instagram's Direct Message feature) so that we can get in contact with you.
Some fine print: Contestants must be in the general New York City area, as this contest does not provide transportation or lodging to and from the event. Contestants must also be 18 years old, or older.
· Weddings Event 2014 [New York Magazine]