Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Spring Forward: over the next six weeks, we'll be profiling the best new arrivals and trends at some of our favorite local boutiques.Click this Polyvore set to shop the pieces. Photos below by Driely S.
Radiant Orchid might be Pantone's top pick for the year, but so far, boutique's spring deliveries are full of deep indigos and vibrant cobalts. At Spiritual America on the Lower East Side, printed tops and solid tanks in various shades of blue pair seamlessly with the shop's accessories, which include metallic clutches and backpacks and the perfect pair of blush-tone sneakers.
After the jump, we've selected fifteen of our favorite pieces to usher in the warm weather, along with quotes from store owner Claire Lemetais.
- "Really into this unique “watermark” print that creates an abstract pattern in warm sunny hues. It's the perfect intro to a spring wardrobe update." Kieley Kimmell Tie waist dress,
- Wood Wood Cambridge tee, $98
- "Loving the aqua hues of the print combined with a structured tapered silhouette." Suzanne Rae Print shirt dress, $459
- Vanessa Bruno Athé Contrast Oxford shirt, $298
- YMC Spot Sweatshirt, $184
- "The prefect everyday tee-shirt dress—super easy yet stylish, thanks to a striking navy/black color blocking." Vanessa Bruno Athé Colorblock dress, $199
- Wood Wood Edith shirt, $189
- Objects Without Meaning Jana skirt, $172
- Objects Without Meaning hi-rise denim shorts, $148
- Morgan Carper Spirit dress, $298
- "No doubt a perfect pair of sneakers is this season’s must. The Achilles from Common Projects has been a customer favorite, due to the unique blush tone that complements any outfit." Woman by Common Projects sneakers,
- "Metallic accessories are a big trend for spring, and here are two perfect examples: a mirrored patent leather clutch from the Danish brand Wood Wood, and the super soft matte silver backpack from Collina Strada (below)". Wood Wood Tri Purse, $145
- Collina Strada Novella backpack, $528
- AANDD Sea Sack, $295
- "The softest, lightest, biggest bag in a burnt sand desert palette." Vanessa Bruno Atlanta Cabas velour bag, $898
· Spiritual America [Official Site]
· All Spring Forward Features [Racked NY]
· Deep Indigo, Crisp White: It's Spring at Creatures of Comfort [Racked NY]