Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Diary: Seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this is a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty.
- My NYFW uniform: OCC tee shirt, big jewelry and dreads.
- Pencils! Pencils! Pencils! Everything I need!
- Sneak peek at the new colours for fall!
- Blackboard Nail Lacquer, inspired by Cthulhu.
- Face chart of the look I designed for Chromat show.
- Products used: OCC Tint, OCC Conceal, NSFW
- The final look from Chromat.
- I wish I could wear this nail art every day!
- So excited to see that Creatures of Comfort are as inspired by Frida Kahlo as I am.
- Picking out selects from Creatures of Comfort with our photographer Phelpsie.
- Some products I used to design the look for Creatures. Lip Tars in Black Dahlia and Vintage to create the reverse ombre wine stain lip.
- Creeping on Makeup Artist Daria Debiak as she does an interview at the Binetti show.
- My son Jack’s alien comes with me to every show. I noticed him in my kit years ago and he’s been with me ever since.
- Such a gorgeous look that Daria created for Diego Binetti. New cremes for Fall!
- A shot of me on Getty Images from the Karen Walker show.
- Lunch! Vegan ham is surprisingly good. China Cola was interesting :)
- Look what Natasha got for me?!?! BUTCH PATRICK!!!
- Brigitte <3 One of my favorite icons since I was little.
- My monster bag of necessities. OCC Cosmetic Colour Pencils, Lip Tar in Mannequin, Na
- Inspired from Fashion Week! Needed new hair colour! My favorite dye of course is Manic Panic.
- My mom makes the best vegan dishes. Vegetable Risotto Primavera. I can taste the LOVE!
- Nothing like a little Absinthe at the end of a day. Lucid Brand is one of my favorites, and it's vegan friendly.
- Jack Kerouac said that Manhattan is his mistress—she has a hold on you and she will never let go. I couldn't agree more. Goodnight NYC :)
For this week's edition of Beauty Diary, we go back—way back—to last month's New York Fashion Week shows with Courtney Tichman, the brand manager and director of product development for Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.
For the Creatures of Comfort show, she used the vegan brand's lip tars to create a "reverse ombre wine stain lip." And for Chromat, she used silver and coral eye colors to illustrate a collection "inspired by a tender moment between a human and a robotic being." (Yup.)
See all that below,, as well as what color she decided to dye her dreads, what's in her "monster bag of necessities," and her favorite brand of absinthe.