Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Perfect Saturday, a weekly Racked feature in which we outline the best places to shop and spend the afternoon in a particular neighborhood, starting with brunch and ending—who knows!
- Pas de Deux. Photo by Brian Harkin
- ↑ If you haven’t yet made Momofuku Ssäm Bar (207 Second Avenue) a fixture on your restaurant roster, you’ve probably been meaning to. The new brunch menu by wunderkind chef David Chang includes kimchi devi
- ↑ Unapologetically pretty yet never lacking in the cool, downtown department is Cloak & Dagger (441 East 9th Street). The cozy boutique is packed with must-haves, ranging from vintage-inspired (
- ↑ With an elegant interior inspired by Parisian boutiques, Pas de Deux (328 East 11th Street), is a small sanctuary of thoughtfully selected merchandise. A range of designers like 3.1 Phillip Lim, Acne,
- ↑ Tap into your inner design guru at Still House (117 East 7th Street), an oasis of modern, effortlessly chic—and affordable—treasures for the home. The selection
- ↑ At Duo (337 East 9th Street), the handpicked vintage collections have been selected for their beauty and easy wearability. In addition to vintage, you'll also find clothing, shoes, accessories, and jewe
- ↑ An A-lister favorite, Great Jones Spa (29 Great Jones Street) in Noho boasts some of the most luxurious massages and beautifying facials, not to mention a menu of energy-boosting treatments, a hair salon, a
While the East Village's reputation has shifted from gritty punk watering hole to overrun by raucous games of beer pong on Second Avenue, it actually continues to be one of New York's coolest hoods. With no shortage of creative types opening up new ventures, the East Village is a treasure trove of the city's best dining and shopping. Take a Saturday to discover some of the spots that make the area so unique and interesting, starting with brunch at a neighborhood staple and moving onto the best boutiques and one great spa in Noho.
Link stack: · All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked NY]