Beauty Diary: Rebecca Perkins
- Start the day with a coffee. The red lips on the soft grey cup seems very Rouge. Leaving a trail of lipstick marks is a perk/hazard of the job.
- I am a BIG L'Oreal fan. I just think they are the bomb. And as a woman with a new business and a toddler, I don’t have hours to devote to coloring my hair in a salon so I slap
- This is our reception area. Guess how many lipsticks are in that lipstick table? Nope. More. Ok, I’ll tell you. 2000.
- This is the contents of my Today Makeup on my lipstick table. Very Meta. Why do I have two L’Oreal Voluminous mascaras in my mak
- Selfie. New word in the OED. The results of the hair color, mascara and lipstick combo. I love this necklace. My friend Rachel has a jewelry line called Gemma Redux which makes me feel very glam rock.
- A Japanese reality show called Reunions filmed an episode in our salon. We'd been open less than two months but those Japanese reality shows really have their fingers on the pulse of what is happening in NYC! This is the Rouge Artist Team with th
- St. Tropez. A straight up necessity in these dire Polar Vortex months. I put the mitt on and rub the mousse into my pasty skin. There's a difference between fair/porcelain and Season
- Perks of the job. Getting my makeup done in the morning by the purple haired pixie makeup artist, Phoebe. So talented.
- Phoebe put the cluster lashes on me so I am rocking a lashy lash line for a Friday day to night situation. The individual cluster lashes are so effortless to wear, take no time to have applied, and are the single biggest step you can take to bump up the p
- A fabulous woman from Essie came in as a client to Rouge to get her makeup done. She brought Lollipop and Cocktails
- My friend Tyler dropped off some glorious Tata Harper skincare to play with. Her ingredient list sounds like an entrée that you might eat at Noma. The products make me feel like fair
- Chicken cheese steak for dinner. I. Needed. To.
- My mother-in-law sends me a red amaryllis every December and then it blooms in February. It's gorgeous and brightens my day. Fresh, living flowers. Can’t beat ‘em. You also can’t beat having an awesome mother in law.
- This bag of goodies is stuffed to the gills with lipsticks, glosses, and lipliners from Julie Hewett, Face Stockholm and our Rouge house line. It's so fun to pick a different color every day and see what works.
- This is the artist palette of Julie Hewett Cheekies and Shimmies. They are gel cheek and lip colo
- I try and stay as hydrated as I can to help counteract said Dry Winter Skin. It's hard but drinking fizzy water out of a Rouge Launch Team cup with a red straw makes it a little easier…
- Which one will I chose today?
- We got our Refreshing Lavender Mist, Clearing Owyhee Mist
- Keeping up with #NYFW beauty looks on Pinterest is a fun "I swear I'm working" thing to do at work.
- One of our artists found this lipstick stylus for the computer. What will they think of next?
- I have a cold so my beauty regimen starts today with a cocktail of Advil and Sudafed. But not the stuff you get on the shelf. You have to get it from behind the counter because people were making bad drugs with it and ruined it for the rest
This is the contents of my makeup bag that I realized was getting a little out of hand. So I used this diary as an intervention to shame myself into change. And yes, I do indeed carry four red lipsticks.
· Julie Hewett
- This is my son unwinding after a tough day of being two with a bubble bath. Ok, so this photo is more his beauty diary. He has super sensitive skin so I use the Rouge serum on it in the bad weather. For real.
- I slept funny and have a cold so my neck is achey. So I started my day with a shampoo at Mian Tian Sing salon in Chinatown. It is NOTHING like the Drybar model. It's a