Capsule Jene De Spain
- 7:15am: Waking up in Red Hook to a beautiful sunrise. Time to get ready for Capsule!
- 9:45am: Getting registered! The show's about to start.
- 10:15am: Organizing the gift bags I'm giving to my favorite editors and buyers. A set of 14k JDS tea rings, products from my favorite beauty line, Fig & Yarrow, and my beloved hand cream from
- 11:02am: Putting the final touches on my booth display showcasing my autumn/winter 2014 collection, Raised By Foxes.
- 11:48am: Walking around the show, excited to see all the beautiful collections.
- 12:12pm: Jaclyn from Orly Genger shares her latest collection with me, as I swoon over this new necklace.
- 1:25pm: Stopping by my friend's booth to indulge in my favorite scent from her line MCMC Fragrances.
- 1:48pm: Talking with buyers, Leah and Duru, about the inspirations for Raised By Foxes and the little details we love about jewelry.
- 2:12pm: My booth has had so many lovely visitors admiring the new pieces. I'm taking a moment in between client appointments to straighten things up.
- 3:36pm: One of my dearest buyers stops by to admire the autumn/winter jewelry and immediately pops on this Double Drop Ring. Check out her nails.
- 4:02pm: My agent Laura stops by to purr over the shiny new pieces! She's so amazing.
- 5:45pm: On a whirlwind lap around the show, I discover the gorgeous interior products at Bzippy & Co's booth. Coveting one of these stunning mirrored globes.
- 6:00pm: Starting to think about which rings I should wear to dinner. Perhaps all of these lil' beauties should come out tonight?
- 6:54pm: We did it! The Capsule team celebrates a successful first day of the show! Time to head out for a celebratory cocktail.
- 7:38pm: Cheers! After sliding into my favorite table at Dudley's, the buyers from Seattle boutique Velouria let me treat them to a night out in the Lower East Side.
- 9:52pm: Co-Op desserts are irresistible, so we ordered one of each!
- 11:38pm: Home sweet home. Removing all the day's adornment before climbing into bed. Excited to indulge in a little sleep, so I'll be refreshed for tomorrow, day two of the Capsule show!