Charles James Costume Institute Preview (RNY)
- Charles James ball gowns, 1948, photographed by Cecil Beaton. This and the following images are all courtesy of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Austine Hearst in Charles James's "Clover Leaf" gown, circa 1953.
- Another look at the “Clover Leaf” gown.
- James in 1936.
- James with a model, 1948, photographed by Cecil Beaton.
- The “Taxi” dress, circa 1932.
- A 1946 evening dress.
- A ball gown from 1949-50.
- The “Butterfly” ball gown, circa 1955.
- The "Butterfly" gown on a model, photographed by Cecil Beaton.
- A 1948 evening dress from behind.
- Nancy James in James's "Swan" gown, 1955, photographed by Cecil Beaton.