Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Christmas Eve begins and Hanukkah ends in two days: everybody panic! Or, proceed calmly to one of our favorite New York City boutiques and browse some of their newest arrivals to give as ultra-last-minute gifts. From sailor sweaters brought over from French surf shops to rainbow fur drink koozies and very important maps of the city's best ramen bars, we've rounded up eleventh-hour presents worth ducking out of work early to pick up.
For the Recovering Hypebeast
One can only stand in line for limited-edition sneakers for so long. Once your man-friend has graduated from full-on hypebeast status, introduce him to some pieces that'll blend in nicely with his A.P.C. New Standards and the Jordans he hasn't sold on eBay—like amped-up blue suede desert boots, French surf sweaters, and understated wallets.
For the Zipcar Enthusiast
We all have a friend who counts down the days until she can rent a Zipcar, zoom upstate, and finally get to breathe, you know? Luckily the rustic, all-buffalo-plaid-everything look has faded into something a bit more minimal. Gift your nature-loving pal with a luxe wool blanket, an art-teacher-cool driftwood necklace, or a no-fuss planter.
- Light + Ladder 'Hex Spora' planters, $32 each (plus $6 for each air plant) at Concrete + Water
- Driftwood necklace, $152 at Warm; Heather Levine wall hanging, $75 at Love Adorned; Pom pom necklace, $98 at Warm; Tinsel necklace, $154 a
- Wolfum Honeycomb Tray, $68 at Concrete + Water
- Indigofera wool blanket, $430 at Warm
For the Urban Mystic
She has the next Night of 1,000 Stevies marked on her calendar, starts every morning with an oil-pulling session, and wouldn't dream of moving into a new space without burning sage.
- Michelle Quan constellation ornament, $35 at Love Adorned
- Alfa.K eye nail stickers, $15 at American Two Shot
- Tracy Tanner moon clutch, $115 at Love Adorned
- Sterling silver cuff, $375 at Warm
- 'Love Cave,' $85 at Coming Soon
- Heather Levine candle teepee, $150 at Love Adorned
- Torchlight wall hanging, $230 at Concrete + Water
For the Tumblr Princess
If it's photo-op-ready (furry, glittery, prismatic) she's all about it.
- Sparkle Dive tie dye 'Foozie,' $25 at American Two Shot
- I Still Love You New York eye pin, $85 at International Playground
- 1717 Olive beanie, $60 at International Playground
- Imago-A platinum 'Hexo' wallet, $115 at Swords-Smith; Haber glitter card case, $45 at American Two Shot
- Starstyling glitter tee, $124 at International Playground
- Orly Genger by Jaclyn Mayer necklace, $248 at Swords-Smith
- Merry iPhone charger, $20 at American Two Shot
For Anyone, Really
Subtle jewelry? Day-to-night bag? Cute wine holder (and wine)? Crucial NYC donut and ramen maps? Check, check, check, and check.
- Samma cut-out rings (available in brass, white brass, and copper), $58 each at Concrete + Water; Kristi Sword blackened sterling silver chevron necklace, $225 at Love Adorne
- Etelka cross-body bag, $220 at American Two Shot
- All you can Eat Press maps, $8 each at Concrete + Water
- Mexican hand-woven wine cover, $20 at Love Adorned
· 27 Holiday Hostess Treats That Beat Regifted Wine [Racked NY]
· A Living Barneys Window Installation on Fake Ice, Baz Luhrmann [Racked NY]
· Bergdorf Goodman's Holiday Windows: An Ode to the Arts [Racked NY]