Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome back to What's In Store, a Racked feature where we fill you in on what's in stock at the city's best stores right this second.
- L'Ecole des Femmes 'Belle de Jour' dress, $329; Lauren Moffatt by Lauren Merkin mod mini satchel, $279
- Worth & Worth 'Bonnie' hat, $175; L'Ecole des Femmes sailor top,
- Illesteva sunglasses, $290
- For Love & Lemons 'Bat Your Lashes' underwire bra, $121
- Jeffrey Campbell 'Stormy' boots, $55
- J.W. Hulme 'Legacy' handbag, $390; Lauren Moffatt 'Popcorn' pintuck dress, $435; Demylee gauze cashmere scarf, $275
- For Love & Lemons 'Rose Bud' bra, $88
- A Peace Treaty earrings, $179; Open cuff bracelets, $198
- Vintage cape, $178; Vintage '60s mini dress, $198
- Jeffrey Campbell 'Pistol' shoes, $160
- Hat, $189; Lauren Moffatt 'Lippi' triangle pleat blouse, $318; J. W. Hulme 'James' handbag, $495
Indie 38 standby Cloak & Dagger recently underwent a major overhaul, rolling its Boerum Hill and East Village locations into one larger, airier East Ninth Street shop—a space owner Brookelynn Starnes describes as "a wonderland experience inspired by Buffalo '66 and Wes Anderson."
These are clothes for the girl who travels with a vintage suitcase—not a gym bag—and dabbles in making movies on a restored Super 8. Racks are stocked with silky sailor blouses, Peter Pan collar dresses that don't scream "class picture day," and faux leopard coats that would look right at home in Margot Tenenbaum's closet. We combed the pineapple-wallpapered shop to bring you some of Cloak & Dagger's best fall looks—both vintage and new.
· Cloak & Dagger [Official Site]
· What's In Store [Racked NY]