Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The West team jersey (the white jersey shown above is for the East team). In previous years, these teams wore bright red and royal blue, respectively. That sentiment is now reflected in the color of their numbers, as seen here. Players' last names will al
- The shorts for the East team.
- The five stars depicted on the shorts, the side of the jersey, and the back of the warm-up jacket represent the five boroughs. From the top: The grid pattern represents the World's Fair Unisphere in Queens; the waves represent the waters surrounding State
- The star opposite the Adidas logo at the top of the jersey is an amalgam of all five stars.
- Each player's jacket will be customized with patches representing his individual achievements—whether he's been voted Rookie of the Year, whether he's played in the NBA championships, and so forth. Black stars above the NYC 15 on the chest will denote how
- The back of the warm-up jackets—all murdered out.
There's still two full months until the 2015 NBA All Star Game festivities land in New York City, but let's admire the oh-so-fashionable uniforms in the meantime. They're hitting us at the peak of athleisure (oh hey, Alexander Wang x H&M) and taking cues from the runway by ditching the typical colorful uniforms for black and white, tapering the warm-up pants, and adding a military motif to the jackets, á la Marc Jacobs.
Get a close-up look below (and see how the NBA is paying homage to the five boroughs) in the photos below. The jerseys and other apparel will be available online and in stores in January, and let's expect to see those pants and jackets on the real-life runway—New York City sidewalks—shortly after.
· The NBA Store Is About to Get Its Third Home in Four Years [Racked NY]
· Three Boutiques, Three Slam-Dunk Knicks Game Looks [Racked NY]
· How a Brooklynette Dancer Gets Game Day Glam [Racked NY]