Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The royal couple arrived in New York City on December 7th looking like seven hour flights aren't even a thing. Kate's maternity coat is by British label Seraphine, who, coincidentally, just opened a store on West Broadway last month
- After a pit stop at their hotel, The Carlyle, Will and Kate were off to dinner at a private residence in Gramercy Park benefitting their own Royal Foundation. Kate quickly adopted NYC's all-black uniform (check out her Beulah London dress), while Will wor
- On December 8th, Kate Middleton met up with the city's First Lady Chirlane McCray in Harlem, and quickly recognized Chirlane's superior coat game.
- Then Kate was off to do one of the things she does best—receive bouquets of flowers from children who are delighted to be in the company of an ACTUAL PRINCESS.
- Look at this little guy!
- Pure joy, right there.
- His friend, meanwhile, is over it.
- That night, the royals headed to Brooklyn for a Nets game. Check out that Jumbotron action! Kate, we would like to note, did not remove her tweed coat—or even unbutton ONE button—during her whole time courtside.
- Will they...? Are they going to...? No Jumbotron kiss for you, America. Please accept this adorably awkward wave instead.
- LeBron James presented the couple with a tiny jersey for baby George. Yay sports!
- WILL AND KATE AND BEYONCE AND JAY Z DOUBLE DATE!!!
- What are they talking about, do you think?
- They all look so psyched to be in each other's company. Straight cheesing, all around.
- Beyonce is a two-armed handshake kinda lady.
- On December 9th, the couple braved the rain to tour the National September 11 Memorial Museum. Kate is easy to spot because her Mulberry coat is the MOST pink. Looks like she took a cue from Chirlane McCray.
- Princesses don't carry their own umbrellas.
- On December 9th, Will and Kate attended the St. Andrews 600th Anniversary Dinner at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Kate, when faced with the Met's steps, hiked up her Jenny Packham dress and was like, "I got this."
- Look at that face! That is the face of someone animatedly discussing the merits of sequins with J. Crew creative director Jenna Lyons.
The royal couple's New York City adventure wrapped up in a big way last night. Kate Middleton—a woman whose expression remains relatively impassive while making small talk with Beyonce—totally lost it when she met J. Crew creative director Jenna Lyons. "You love statement jewelry? I love statement jewelry!" she seems to be saying with her eyes and mouth and chain-link necklace. See more highlights from the duchess and Prince William's trip, this way.
· Where Wills and Kate Should Shop on Their Official Tour of NYC [Official Site]
· Will and Kate's NYC Itinerary [Official Site]