Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome back to What's In Store, a Racked feature where we fill you in on what's in stock at the city's best stores right this second.
- No. 6 'Alec' pocket shirt in black organza rose, $310
- No 6. open back 'Kiltie' platforms in bronze, $305; No. 6 'Whiskey' clog platforms in bourbon,
- Better Late Than Never studs, $172 to $178
- Boessert Schorn long knit scarf in multicolor melange, $280
- Sayaka Davis ribbed mohair sweater in burgundy, $340
- Arielle de Pinto five-tiered necklace in sterling silver and 14 karat gold vermeil, $355
- Lauren Manoogian two-tone 'Capote' cape in putty and tan, $560; Eleven Thirty 'Naked' tote with rope handles, $395
- Totally! hand-knit cashmere bandana, $180
- No. 6 'Creeper' clog platforms in indigo, $310; mocha, $310
- On mannequin: Defect 'Tallulah' long coat in silver gray, $675; Black Crane quilted dress in creme,
- Imoni gloves, $290
- Le Specs 'Hermosa' sunglasses, $65
- Eleven Thirty 'Haley' backpack in salt and pepper pony, $335
- No 6. nine-inch pull-on shearling boots in distressed aviator, $398; black suede,
- Morghana socks, $32 to $50
- Aesa rings, $235 to $445
- Ashish 'Net/Bettle' sequin tee, $333
- Christina Zazo 'Point' bracelet in green, $95
- No. 6 'Coley' velvet overcoat in ecru, $560; Cave Collective hand-dyed coil yarn necklace with tassels, $200
The No. 6 girl doesn't slink down the street unnoticed in fall's unofficial uniform—black jacket, black beanie, gray scarf (for color!). No, she glides (okay, clomps) along in metallic platform clogs, a spotted pony hair backpack swinging from one shoulder, her off-pink velvet coat flapping in the wind (she didn't button it because her ivory caftan just needs to be seen).
This season, No. 6 owner Karin Bereson has stocked her Soho shop with dreamy designs in a muted color palette—sunglasses have clear amber frames (with polka dots!), pocket tees are made of rose-print organza, and socks are sparkly and sheer. See the store's new arrivals—including the latest additions to the No. 6 clog-boot family—this way.