Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Sea plaid overcoat, $795 at Owen
- Topshop textured blanket coat, $280
- Gap plaid car coat, $168
- Pixie Market Oxford plaid boyfriend coat, $126
- Nanushka 'Marvel' Coat, $650 at American Two Shot
- Wilfred 'Tulipe' coat, $325 at Aritzia
- Sandro 'Maxa' tartan print shearling coat, $745
- Just Female kimono coat, $190 at Life:Curated
- Tibi plaid hooded coat, $695
- A.P.C. zip-up 'Burnous' coat, $515
- Etoile Isabel Marant 'Gabrie' check coat, $530 at Otte
- Theory plaid coat, $795
Black on black is easy, yes, and classic—sure. But sometimes when you shoot for Carine Roitfeld or Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face you get Quinn Morgendorffer's beatnik phase. And when that happens, the quickest way to take your outfit up a few notches from "this is how deep people dress" is by throwing on a wooly plaid coat. This season's best plaids are shot through with inky stripes, meaning anything black will be right at home nestled up against them. Toss on a kelly green buffalo check jacket to break up your sweater-skinny-jeans combo, or, if you're brave, layer a plaid shirt underneath and power-clash like you mean it. We've rounded up ten of our favorite styles, from Aritzia, Tibi, Gap and more, this way.
· All Editor's Picks [Racked NY]