- Claudie in black haircalf, $195
- Gabby in pastel butterfly, $225
- Bailey in orange, blue, and black print, $325
- Daila in white calf studs, $225
- Dela in bright butterfly, $225
- Center, back: Jenny espadrille in Peruvian silk, $195. Left, right and center, forward: Jayne pump in black and nude, $145.
- Hope (available in two patterns), $225
- Dusty in natural navy, $195
- LB in tic tac black, $195
- Lou in navy kidskin, $225
- Marina in lime/aqua/orange, $275
- Perf LD in white calf, $195
- Kings, $325
- Alana, $145
- Sandals, $195—$225
- Espadrille sneakers in various patterns, $145
- Left: Sable in black kidsuede, $325. Right, Sofia in black kidsuede, $225
- Tinsley in black/white, $225
- Amber in black calf suede, $325
- Stitch in navy/white, $195
- TOMS + Tabitha Simmons, $50
The Tabitha Simmons sample sale opens to the public at 12:30pm today, but we got a sneak peek at the Vogue contributing editor-slash-shoe designer's offering in her West Chelsea showroom this morning, where editors and fashion insiders were already lugging piles of shoe boxes to the register. But there's still plenty of footwear to be had, from prim black ankle-strapped pumps to editorial-ready heels covered in goldfish print—if you're ready to part with a couple hundred bucks.
Upon entry to the single-room sale that overlooks Hudson Yards, check out the chart that denotes the price that corresponds to each colored sticker. Prices here range from $50 to $345, but the only $50 pairs you'll find are from the TOMS + Tabitha Simmons collaboration near the register. Most of the pairs we picked up were $195 and $225, with a few $325 styles thrown in for good measure.
Stacked shoe boxes line the walls, with a single shoe sitting atop the highest box. There was also two display racks—one rack for 37 and 37.5, another for 38 through 39.5—with pairs that were a little bit cheaper (you'll find the $95 ones here). Throughout the sale, there was a summery lean to the styles available, from espadrille sneakers to wedges and plenty of open toes—but there's some booties available as well. To get a better idea of what you'll find (and how much you'll pay), scroll through the gallery above.
In terms of sizing, we saw pairs ranging from 35 to 41, including half-sizes. Not every size is available for each style though—the bigger your foot, the more scarce your selection.
When you arrive to 601 West 26th Street, tell the security guard by the elevator that you're headed to the sample sale, and he'll let you right in. On the fifteenth floor, signs with arrows will guide you toward the sale. Be aware that sales tax will be added on to your purchase.
We're checking in with staff whether restocking and markdowns will be happening later on, and will update you when we hear back.
· Dealfeed: Tabitha Simmons [Racked NY]
· 96 More New York City Sample Sales to Shop in November [Racked NY]
· Sample Sales [Racked NY]