Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome back to What's In Store, a Racked feature where we fill you in on what's in stock at the city's best stores right this second.
- Nanushka Rama sweater, $396
- Miista Carrie boot, $269
- Mandarin & General raglan sheer sleeve shirt, $325; Mandarin & General faux fur trousers in gold, $635
- Tia Cibani bias cut tee, $595
- Apiece Apart Esta coat, $595
- Karie Laks eyelet bib dress, $315
- Tarin Thomas rings
- Harare plaid t-shirt, $375
- Nanushka Bastet dress, $444
- Nomia faux astrakhan bomber jacket, $720
- Gillian Steinhardt bangle, $155
- Tia Cibani anorak cape, $975
- Steven Tai long sleeve top with fuzzy embroidery, $498; House of 950 fold-over pants, $250
- Steven Tai x Lola Dupre cat sweatshirt, $488
- Perpetual Shade assorted masks, $69; silver leather $150
- Harare patterned knit sweater, $495
- House of 950 double dress, $350
- Steven Tai fuzzy embroidery satin dress, $748
- Nomia fringe section halter dress, $595
The astroturfed walls of Meatpacking District boutique In Support Of remain ever in bloom, even if the merchandise has taken a moodier turn for fall. Co-founders Tanya Sheikh and Ivan Gilkes designed the space to look like a "deconstructed white picket fence house" (hence the grass), the kind of home owned by a woman who, according to Sheikh, "sees fashion as an art and appreciates well-made, ethical clothes."
Now in its second season (the store opened this spring), In Support Of's name has taken on a another meaning. Not only does the shop highlight up-and-coming designers (we spotted pieces by Tia Cibani, Apiece Apart, and Nanushka), a portion of the proceeds go to Community of Unity, a charity dedicated to helping underserved New York students.
We've rounded up the best of In Support Of's fall bounty, including furry trousers, cat sweatshirts, fancy sleeping masks, and hand jewelry galore.
· In Support Of [Official Site]
· In Support Of's Owners On Being a Meatpacking District Unicorn [Racked NY]
· What's In Store [Racked NY]