Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Eleven Thirty Shop Christie bucket bag, $160 at The Rising States
- Auxiliary Mander Bag, $398 at Aritzia
- Clare Vivier Marine bucket bag tote, $165
- Building Block Disc bucket bag, $325 at Steven Alan
- Pixie Market leopard bucket bag, $55
- Madewell Lafayette bucket bag, $198
- Kate Spade Saturday Grommet bucket bag, $225
- Mango studded bucket bag, $79.99
- Elizabeth and James Cynnie mini bucket bag,
- Zara zipped bucket bag, $79.90
- TL-180 Secchielo bag, $436.80 (from $624) at Oak
True, not every trend is suited to every person—but the bucket bag is probably one of those exceptions. The pouch-like shape was arguably made famous by a certain company that's garnered wait lists at boutiques and inspired hack guides from websites about how to snag one of the sleek $495 bags. But if you cringe at the thought of paying that much for essentially a name, consider one of the options shown here—discounts range from a little (like, $10) to a lot (is $440 less enough for you?), and all are shoppable in New York City. Click through the gallery above to find the one that's suited for you.
· Editor's Picks [Racked NY]