Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Amé Amé candy, $3.50 per 1/4 pound
- Tribeca Treats frosted cookie assortment, $42 per dozen
- Georgetown Cupcakes, $3 each, $32 per dozen
- Ladurée Halloween box, $24
- Tribeca Treats pretzel ghosts, $7.25 per small box
- Baked By Melissa cupcakes, three cupcakes $3
- Treat House rice crispy treats, $2 each
- Eleni's Cookies Trick-or-Treat gift set, $58.50
Because 2014 is the year that ordering pumpkin spice-flavored anything became akin to making an especially controversial political statement, now's the time to find some other festive, season-specific treats that won't result in accusations of basic-ness. But before you turn to Pinterest for inspiration, remember that those fondant ghosts and tarantula truffles might take some serious, Martha-Stewart-level kitchen skills to pull off.
That's why we rounded up eight spooky Halloween-themed goodies from our favorite local bakeries, including Ladurée macarons, cute pretzel ghosts by Tribeca Treats, and Baked By Melissa cupcakes that have totally jumped on the evil eye bandwagon. Your chance of a Pinterest fail = 0.
· Halloween [Racked NY]