Welcome to Racked's Fitness Week: five days of workout coverage, so that you can start your New Year's resolutions off right.
Photo by Driely S.
Training with an instructor at a group fitness class is like working out with a super fit friend who, hopefully, has great taste in music. Trying to replicate those playlists at-home is another story, which is why we'll be posting one a day from some of the city's best studios. We've heard from SYNCSTUDIO, SoulCycle, and Body & Pole, and today, it's Flywheel Sports' Jaimie Bailey, who teaches at at the new Tribeca studio and other locations in the city.
Jaimie's playlist is heavy on remixes, so you'll hear mashups that pair Jay Z against Led Zepplin and Kanye West with Bob Marley. Since most of them aren't available on Spotify, we've put them in numbered list below, linking to either YouTube or Soundcloud.
1. "Are You Goin' My Way (Drum Remix)" by DJ AMMO
2. "Stairway to PSA" featuring Jay Z and Led Zepplin by The Melker Project
3. "Annie You Save Me" by Graffiti6
4. "Princess of China (Kat Kazy Remix)" by Coldplay & Rihanna
5. "Sex on Fire (Richard Sharkey & Peter Sar Remix)" by Kings of Leon
6. "Brighter Lights Bigger City" by Cee Lo Green
7. "If I Loose Myself" by One Republic
8. "Exodus vs. Clique (The Melker Project Remix)" by Bob Marley Vs. Kanye West and Jay Z
9. "Lit Up" by Buckcherry
10. "Doom and Gloom (Benny Benassi Remix)" by The Rolling Stones
11. "My Friends" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
12. "What I Got" by Sublime