Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Having really sensitive skin can be irritating—literally—and when it seems like everything makes you break out, trying a new product can be scary. We feel your pain, so we looked for solutions. From a simple drugstore cleanser to a famous spot healer, here are nine products that have been tested on the most sensitive faces.
- For an exfoliator that won't irritate, try Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream. $35
- Red Flower's Nature Therapeutic Skincare Lymphatic Phytopower Sea Cleanser And Masque is gentle and moisturizing, thanks to ingredients like antioxidant-rich berries, wild mushrooms, and fresh white peat.
- Murad Soothing Gel Cleanser is a great option for sensitive types prone to redness, with calming ingredients that include peppermint leaf and goji berry. $27 at Sephora
- Cerave AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion is ultra lightweight, and has an SPF of 30 to protect the face all day long. $13.99 at Walgreen's
- Aveeno's Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer is on the thicker side, making it a great night-time option. $10.8
- Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion works miracles on pimples. Simply dab on spots before bed--the difference should be anything but subtle by morning. $17
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is as gentle and effective as it gets when it comes to facial cleansers. $8.39 at CVS
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Fluid sunblock is very gentle, but strong enough to protect skin against the sun. $29.99 at Apoth
- Eye's need protection too, and SPF is always a plus. Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream is not oily at all, making it a great option for delicate skin.
· All Buy it Now posts [Racked NY]