Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Balmain Jacket, $999 (originally $4,995)
- Balmain Agneau vest, $2,152 (originally $10,760)
- Thakoon jeans, $76 (originally $380)
- Balmain skirt, $644 (originally $6,435)
- Carven coat, $344 (originally $860)
- Leonard dress, $510 (originally $2,550)
- Acne shearling, $1,000 (originally $2,500)
- Cushnie et Ochs jacket, $358 (originally $1,790)
- Creatures of the Wind skirt, $164 (originally $820)
- Peter Pilotto dress, $818 (originally $2,045)
- Rue Du Mail leather trousers, $103 (originally $515)
- Erickson Beamon cuff, $290 (originally $725)
- Samma jewelry
- Eddie Borgo bracelet, $220 (originally $550)
- Reece Hudson clutch, $207 (originally $1,035)
- Balmain belt, $606 (originally $1,515)
- Rochas lace-ups, $129 (originally $645)
- Sergio Rossi sandals, $199 (originally $995)
- Moschino iPhone case, $30 (originally $75)
- Del Toro loafers, $65 (originally $325)
- Alexander Wang oxfords, $270 (originally $675)
The biannual Fivestory off-site sale officially opens to the public tomorrow morning at the Bowery Hotel, but we had a look today to let you know what to expect. Discounts are up to 80% off retail, and those who've been longing for those special pieces from the collections of Balmain, Carven, and Peter Pilotto should clear up some time to head over. This sale is all about statement clothing, so although things are not super cheap, many of the pieces are of the sort that will stay in your wardrobe for a lifetime.
The first of the two rooms is mainly filled with womenswear, menswear, and childrenswear that is 80% off. There are some great pieces, like Thakoon wide leg jeans for $76, Rue Du Mail leather trousers for $103, and a Cushnie et Ochs cropped wool jacket for $358.
Anyone willing to drop serious cash should have a look at the many Balmain pieces mixed into the 80% off racks. We spotted the Agneau black leather vest for $2,152—originally more than $10,000—and a silk oversized jacket for $999. Other brands we saw on these racks include Creatures of the Wind, Chalayan, Ostwald Helgason, and Vika Gazinskaya.
Step down to the next section to browse the 60% off racks, where everything is from the current season. Here you'll find clothing by J.W. Anderson, Carven, Peter Pilotto, Thakoon, Suno, and McQ McQueen. Acne lovers might fight over the lone Velocite leather jacket site for $1,000. We fell in love with a $2,574 Balmain beaded and embroidered skirt, and a $344 Carven wool and fur coat.
The shoe selection is pretty great, with pairs by Rochas, Pollini, Aperlai, Nina Ricci, and more. Shoes for 80% off include a pair of Rochas white lace-up flats for $129, Gianvito Rossi black-and-white-striped heels for $165, and Sergio Rossi flat sandals for $199. Fans of Alexander Wang might be happy to know that the Riley Shiny Watersnake Oxfords are 60% off at $270. The stock on shoes varies depending on the style.
Onto the jewelry and accessories, displayed on a table near the register. The majority of jewelry is marked down 60%, except for Samma, which is 80% off. The Eddie Borgo Joined Bangle bracelet is $220, and an Erickson Beamon jeweled cuff is $290. There are not that many bags, but we did see an oversized Reece Hudson clutch for $207.
The rest of the accessories table consists of hats by Carven, a Balmain belt, iPhone cases, a few pair of gloves, and scarves. The sale will be restocked, but not likely the shoe section, and there are two private fitting rooms. See the Dealfeed below for more details, and the check out the gallery for lots of images from inside.
Dealfeed: Fivestory [Racked NY]
· The January Sale Calendar: Fivestory, Honor, Nomia, More! [Racked NY]