Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome back to What's In Store, a Racked feature where we fill you in on what's in stock at the city's best stores right this second.
- Photos by Driely S.
- Red tribal Zig Zag pillow, $60
- Giant glass candle sticks, $80
- Timber table, $235
- Papiers D'Affaires, $25
- Happy to see you naked card, $4
- Pig tea towel, $14
- Large origami bowl, $40
- Agate geode coasters, $17.50 each
- Small stainless steel cheese paddle, $55
- Boat wood Cutting board, $110
- Taxidermy magnet/hook, $12
- David Coffin blown water color original artwork, $1350 framed
- Assorted Pillows, $60-160
Park Slope only gained home goods store Items of Interest over the summer, but neighborhood kids already know to run straight to the back of the store where there are coloring books and toys to keep them occupied. Also in the kid zone: A bunkbed system that offers add-ons like drawers, desks, and different loft heights designed to grow with the urban child. The bed is new for 2014, available as a result of neighborhood parents wondering where they get a Brooklyn-cool bunk bed for their Brooklyn-cool kids.
While well-stocked, the children's area is only a fraction of the store. Up front, those of legal voting age can admire furniture, candles, cards, original artwork, and more pretty accents for the home. The store also offers wallpaper, upholstery, and interior design services as small as paint consultations, all the way up to full-brownstone makeovers.
· All What's In Store posts [Racked NY]