Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Diary: seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty.
- Early morning flight to Charleston for my friend's wedding. A red lip can really wake up your look when you don't have time to get completely ready. I love Grace, a new shade from Jouer—it feels like a moisturizing balm, but the pay off is bold!
- Once in NC, I stopped by Target (yay for suburban life!) and this is my haul. Not necessarily "needs" but so excited for my fun finds! Porcupine cards!?!
- I had to document that my hair, styled by Jeff Chastain, looked the same 30 hours later!
- M.A.C. makeup artists get us all ready for the big ceremony.
- Perfect dinner—setting and meal!
- Oscar Blandi's texture spray revives the volume at the roots after a long day. I am headed to meeting straight from my flight so taking the minute for a quick boost.
- Grabbed coffee and these amazing muffins at Sarabeth’s!
- I am rarely seated at my desk and sometimes I come back to find some new products. This Kiehl's cleanser is one of my favorite finds!
- I have a stash of products under my desk. These are the newest products I need to try or give away for others to report back on.
- Yogurt creations from Chobani are officially my favorite breakfast!
- Arrived before Birchbox Local opened and made time for a quick makeup application from Jouer.
- Then hair by Shu Uemura.
- Erica from PS I Made This sent us a copy of her new book—it looks beautiful! I am slightly nervous about actually DIYing.
- For anyone who has used a Beauty Blender, you would know how exciting it was to see a giant box of them as we set up for our customer event!
- Back stage at The Blondes show at Milk Studios. Those are the biggest topknots I have ever seen!
- These little faces are nail appliques!
- On set shooting our October Sneak Peek video!
- So excited for Birchbox Local to open to the public! Adorable sign hanging in Chelsea market.
- Inside BB Local. Try, learn, buy!
- Before it's all over, had to stop for some tacos. This new place in Chelsea Market is always packed but it was definitely worth waiting!
- Just discovered this newer color of Debborah Lippman—Cleopatra in New York. Couldn't resist picking it up (and planning on adding it to our site ASAP)!
- Landed to rainy Paris and the best scrambled eggs I have ever had.
This week, Katia Beauchamp gives us a peek into seven busy, beauty-filled days as co-founder of Birchbox. Her week starts at a gorgeous wedding in Charlotte, North Carolina before she jets back to New York to open the doors of Birchbox Local at Chelsea Market, finally escaping to Paris for some much-needed R&R. After the jump, find out what Katia uses to revive hair after a long day, the lip color she uses to pull together her look for early flights, and the new polish color she just discovered and is rightfully obsessed with.
· Lisa Elaine Held Copies Jessica Alba's Polish, Eats Beauty Foods [Racked NY]
· Nicolette Mason Wishes She Founded Drybar [Racked NY]
· All Beauty Diary posts [Racked NY]