Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Sharon Feireisen is The Fashion Spot's style editor, and a freelance writer. Her work keeps her busy staying up-to-date with beauty, fitness, fashion, and nightlife. That means scoring Oribe lab samples, vetting the latest healthy snacks, and dropping in on the city's ever-expanding buffet of fitness options.
In her week of beauty, we discovered that she's basically a Tom Ford Beauty hoarder (she even has her dad hooked on the brand), and that you can in fact eat a red velvet cookie from the Bumble & Bumble cafe before hitting hot yoga (good to know). Spend seven days with Sharon as she explains why Tom Ford nail polishes are the best, stalks a woman's Birkin adornment, and share her favorite detox tea.
- I’m in Noah Neiman’s Barry’s Bootcamp class pretty much every morning. He’s one the smartest, funniest, all-around awesome people. He has this thing about high-fiving everyone when they walk in and out of his class (did I mention he was awesome
- Maintenance shut off my hot water for a few hours so I went to my parents’ apartment. My dad knows what’s up—he rocks Tom Ford!
- Trying out an Oribe lab sample. I’m a huge fan of the brand. When they launched retail at Bergdorf Goodman four years ago I met the CMO, we hit it off, and I’ve been contributing to their site’s editorial content ever since.
- Dinner with the Rabbi’s wife, Esty—and by the Rabbi I mean THE RABBI. Dovi Scheiner and his wife Esty are two of the most brilliant, forward thinking people I know. This menu is from Pardes, a fittingly for
- I have a lot of fragrances, but more often than not I’m wearing one of Tom Ford’s, specifically White Suede, which has been my favorite since it launched four years ago (I love love love musk).
- You wouldn’t think it, but you can get amazing iced green tea—and red velvet cookies—at Bumble & Bumble’s café in the Meatpacking District.
- About two years ago I took my first hot power yoga class at Pure Yoga with Scott Harig. I remember saying something like “I think you just changed my life." I’m pretty sure every New Yorker could benefit from 60 minutes of active meditation in 100-
- I’m a nail polish fanatic. If someone counted all of the ones I have I wouldn’t be surprised if the number was in the 500 range. I pretty much always do my own nails and Tom Ford’s polishes are my favorite—they last forever.
- This book just came in the mail—can’t wait to read it. Jonathan Safran Foer is on the short list of people I’d love to meet, along with Woody Allen and Larry David.
- I pronate when I run so I need stability running shoes, but I love Newtons for all things non-running, like Tracy Anderson. I just got their newest ones in two colorways.
- Thanks to Samsung’s White Glove Service I got a second phone today—it’s the size of my head! I’m kind of psyched though—can’t wait to take pictures with it and use the pen to draw alien ears.
- Spent way too long unsuccessfully trying to track down how to get what this random woman has adorning her Hermes bag.
- How did I not know Cynthia Rowley had a store on the UES? Looks like Alice in Wonderland.
- Tom Ford cannot be beat His new fall shadow palettes and calligraphy tip liner—no words!
- I may be email obsessed, but I’m also big on handwritten notes and I’ve got a meticulously curated selection that includes monogrammed Cartier and a bunch from Smythson and Jonathan Adler, but my favorites are these from Terrapin S
- Stocked up on Chia Pods.
- So this ginormous piece of cake happened at Arlington Club.
- Went boxing today, which I haven’t done in ages. Took me forever to track down gold gloves, but I usually use the black ones.
- Stopped by the Nike store. I love the mural in their running store, which was based on sketches by one of their footwear designers.
- I’m a tea freak and I’m convinced that Kusmi’s BB Detox is working to counteract all the damage dairy has done to my
- Had dinner at Pure Food & Wine and then picked up some stuff at One Lucky Duck—I’m obsessed with all of their raw desserts and snacks.
· All Beauty Diary posts [Racked NY]