Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Diary: seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty.
- Monday calls for a power lip.
- Hourglass Opaque Rouge in Icon is more than sufficient.
- A quick coffee meeting at BG Restaurant with decadent little sweet treats.
- A girl likes options. This begins to explain the collection of sunnies on my desk.
- Currently having a moment with masculine touches, hence, my chunky watch and
- New Beauty Alert: Dior is launching a cleansing oil for fall. This is ABSOLUTELY going in my ‘take home’ bag for at-home trials. As a daily makeup wearer, I totally believe in the power of cleansing oils.
- While passing through the Beauty Level, I could not help but snap this round up pitch-perfect summer lacquers. I mean…
- I’m desperately in need of a little glow this morning, so I’m reaching for these Guerlain glow-getters.
- The glorious table at this press dinner is set to perfection.
- Seeking a little inspiration from previous Beauty Notes in BG magazine.
- Ooh, Estee Lauder’s fall lacquers just landed on my desk. Looks like a major metal moment is in store for September.
- I’m thinking I’ll finish the week with a Grecian inspired Jennifer Behr headband and topknot. Yep, perfect!
- The day is done and I’m hanging the ‘Do Not Disturb” sign and spending some QT with Laura Mercier.
- Afterwards, it’s Ms. Rivers and me.
- My little beauty-girl-in-training niece, Greysen Glenn, is helping me organize my polishes…and clearly setting aside a few for herself. Smart kid.
- It’s fun to brunch al fresco with the girls but sometimes I like to put on a full spread at home.
- This is totally normal, right? I scent my car with Maison Francis
- Sundays are sort of a “fresh start” day for me. It’s my time reboot before jumping into the workweek. I take great pride in doing my own manicures and little DIY beauty rituals. It’s actually quite therapeutic.
- I’ve been using this DVF nail file for years…seriously, years. Dior
- It’s brush-cleaning day. I’m a bit of a brush minimalist, so I keep my daily brushes to two staples: Shiseido
- I make time to exfoliate my lips once a week: this is a must, especially given my love of bright red lips. It’s important to keep everything super smooth. Easy recipe: a dollop of petroleum jelly, a sprinkle of brown sugar, and a drizzle of honey. I alway
For our very first edition of Beauty Diary we've asked Felicia Walker-Benson to document a week in her life of beauty. By day, Felicia is Bergdorf Goodman's Social Media Beauty Editor and in her spare time she runs ThisThatBeauty (which was recently selected as one of BeautyHigh's top 50!).
Click through the gallery above for a week that includes a preview of Dior's cleansing oil (out this fall!) and Felicia's DIY lip scrub—a must-do for red lipstick wearers. For even more, follow Felicia on BG's Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.
· ThisThatBeauty [Official Site]
· 5th at 58th [Official Site]