Welcome to Beauty Diary: seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty
Jennifer Walsh is an OG in the beauty game. Over 15 years ago, she launched The Beauty Bar—which she then sold in 2010—and has filled the years between with work as a trend forecaster, creative director, and consultant for heaps of beauty brands. On top of that, she regularly appears on TV as a beauty specialist, and has a top secret project in the work (she suggest you check her Instagram account for clues).
A week with Jennifer includes staying fit with Central Park trail runs and Flywheel classes, staging a with beauty products for a showing (yes, seriously!), and a weekend at the shore. Find out what products keep her wavy hair in check when exposed to seasalt, the product that made cleaning makeup brushes less of a chore, and more in Jennifer Walsh's beauty diary.
- My Monday mornings always start out with a good run and if the weather is nice, there’s no other place for me than the bridle path and the rambles in Central Park. I try and squeeze in three to five miles before my first meeting or call for the wee
- I admit, I actually prefer to do my own nails! There are so many colors that land on my desk on any given week that I have a hard time deciding so I usually sit at my desk and take 15 minutes and paint away. I am adoring the new fall collection from Na
- Every week I clean my make-up brushes. The 15+ year make-up artist in me doesn’t allow a week to go by without cleaning all of my brushes. For years I have looked high and low for the best and easiest way to do this mass cleaning and to be honest, it was
- I am prepping a home today for its first showing. For more than a decade I have been staging homes with beauty products. Realtors often hire me to come in and put just the right beauty items in the home, depending on whom they feel their buyer migh
- I just started Flywheel in early spring and to say that I am mildly addicted is a rather large understatement. I tell fellow entrepreneurs that it is the best workout for them. I had never been to an indoor class where I felt motivated to succeed in my ca
- I’m starting the day with a morning appearance on CBS. I’ve been doing TV for beauty for over 15 years and I do anywhere from three to six pieces a month.
- I’m heading out for the night so I thought I would splash on this warm musky sexy scent from Nest Fragrances. Nest just does it right: their collections, their packaging, I just love everything about the
- My day ends on a boat in the Hudson River. It’s one of my favorite things to do. Just before dusk, the sky and the city lights look so magical from the water
- There are many beauty launches that take place in any given week and most of the time I miss them due to my schedule. Thankfully, many of my friends in the business understand and give me a private preview. I need to know what is about to launch so I can
- Working on my speaking engagement at my alma mater, Belmont Abbey College! This week we are in the midst of final preparations while I kick off my 20th (cough cough) college reunion. It is a HUGE honor to be asked to speak about creating a brand, success
- I’m thrilled to see that more and more brands are diving into the hand wash and hand lotion category. I love to find beautiful brands with a great message and story behind them. Since most people see my kitchen when they first walk into my home, I make su
- I’m heading to the shore—Ocean Grove, NJ to be exact—to spend some time with my family. We have been spending our summers there for 28 years! When I head to the beach for a few days, I pack only the necessary make-up, which for me are Natura Bisse
- Reading my September issue on the beach, and getting through my email! It was such a cool afternoon on the beach and it felt great—not at all like an August afternoon!
- I have super wavy hair, if I don’t spend time trying to straighten it. Unfortunately, it tends to look out of control with frizz. Thankfully, I was recently introduced to a brand called Simply Smooth and their
- There are a few brands that just make incredible collections over and over again. I have worked with Caudalie for over a decade and am always impressed with their products. I brought my
- I’m heading out west for a quick business trip. I love packing very light and with my favorite essentials from Bliss.
- The one thing that I ALWAYS have a lot of on me at all times: lip products! While I was at the airport waiting to get on my Delta flight, I realized that I had at least 4 of the new Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip
· All Beauty Diary posts [Racked NY]